Setting the learning key on a 2019 GTX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cochrane

Does anyone know how to change the setting on the learning key? My manual and dealer both say I need to bring the ski to the dealer.

That or buy a Candoo programmer or find someone in your area that has one that may be willing to program it.

You can't just "change the setting" . It is programmed to the ski and requires a programmer to change it.

The learning key is basically... a learner/novice key... meaning that it prevents a novice driver from using the Sport mode, moving the VTS, etc. It also locks the console and buttons by restricting what a novice/learner can do with it. It also reduces the maximum speed of the ski as well as limiting the acceleration.

I read here once on this forum that someone had a green key that was acting like a yellow key, meaning that it was not restricted (probably an error at the dealer or at the manufacturing plant). So basically, the green key could probably be reprogrammed by the dealer but if you are looking to remove the "learning" programming function from the green key, I believe you would be better off buying a new second yellow key. This is what I did last year on my 2018 GTI.

I just wanted to change the setting so that it was more aggressive apparently there are 5 settings and they come from the factory set at the lowest level. Some people were telling me I could do it myself even thought the manual says I need to go to the dealer. Turns out on the pre 2019 ones you could change it but not the new ones unless you go to the dealer or have a
Candoo Pro.
Why they set the learning key so low is a mystery to me, it accelerates like an old pontoon and tops out at 31 mph. I will have some teenagers using the ski and they can handle more performance than that I just don’t think they are ready for the regular key and the performance that comes with it.

Yes, I saw these settings on mine. To see and change the level you have to use the yellow key. It is documented in my manual. It says that the engine must be off to program the learning key from 1 to 5. Check in your manual under "Learning Key Mode".

My model is 2018. Maybe older models do not allow that or vice-versa.

The manual for my 2019 GTX does not tell me how to change it. The manual says I need to take it the dealer.

This is pretty easy to test. Attach the yellow key, press button to light up console but do not start engine. Press the Mode button until you see "KEY MODE". If you don't see this menu, then I guess you can't do it. My manual also says that this option is not there on GTS models. I just checked your manual and yes, it says to contact dealer. Bizarre but just try it in case of.

This is pretty easy to test. Attach the yellow key, press button to light up console but do not start engine. Press the Mode button until you see "KEY MODE". If you don't see this menu, then I guess you can't do it. My manual also says that this option is not there on GTS models. I just checked your manual and yes, it says to contact dealer. Bizarre but just try it in case of.

No harm in trying, I will give it a try this weekend. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back