Selling My 2000 GTX RFI. Any regrets from past owners?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GTX RFI

Hi Everyone,

Pricing have gone up for Used Seadoos in Ontario. I am thinking about selling my 2000 GTX RFI which is pretty much new, around 130 hours. I am thinking about purchasing a newer GTX, but this one holds tight on the heartstrings. Does anyone ever miss-selling their GTX or is newer always better?

Thanks,

Chris

Are you actually able to get ahold of a new one? most new orders here say at least a year out... I'd make sure you have the new one in-hand before anything... and yes, I regret selling all my stuff, but sometimes you have to move on.

I would purchase a 2022,
Are you actually able to get ahold of a new one? most new orders here say at least a year out... I'd make sure you have the new one in-hand before anything... and yes, I regret selling all my stuff, but sometimes you have to move on.
Thanks for your reply SabrToothSqrl

This old boy down South Loosiana don't buy new. Never. I like stuff I can work on number one and keep running. I'm much more satisfied paying 20 cents on the dollar and my preference is the smaller lighter skis. The world is messed up!! Look what they did to CAMPING. Freakin $300k motor home and they still call it camping. Ha ha.

I restore the old two strokes and it's hard to part with the ones I restore. I know no one will take care of them like I did when building them back up. Have fun and do what you want. I think you'll find that old RFI does the same thing a $15k new skis does without the note. I think the GTX RFI is my favorite all around ski. I love the fuel injection on those.

I am about to put my two 96 skis (gsx and gtx) up for sale. I LOVE them, but need a pair of skis with low maintenance that I can always count on. They now live on ski ports at a lake and it is hard to give them the TLC they require. I could do full rebuilds with SBT etc, but time is more important than money at the moment with the kids about to fly the roost.

My 2 cents: I love my 98 2 stroke, it is a plain better boat than the 4 stroke 2005. But the gas consumption, the fact that the Reed valves are practically an annual wear item, parts are getting harder to find in stock, etc. I am thinking of finally upgrading to a fully 4-stroke family of toys. I say the above because I often wonder if I will miss it once gone.

Thanks Everyone for your thoughts. I have it listed and it seems like a sell will happen on Monday. I agree the older ones especially two strokes are easier to work on and either the smell or the noise pulls at the heart strings. Though as mention earlier if i want to do some day trips with the son and daughter best to be on a newer unit with less likely of a headache. In Canada we have a very short season so tracking down parts can burn 20-30% of the season some times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back