Seat removal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

H€PHÆ$TU$

I get how to remove my seats for re-upholstery. But most of my bolts are just spinning in the seat. Obviously whatever nut is built into the seat has come loose. Are there any known tricks in this case?

Can you send a picture of where these bolts are spinning? Is this in the rear seat, lower section, rear seat upper section, front seats, etc.?

If they are spinning you may have to "break" that particular fitting out with a pry tool. It may already be broken, which would be why it is spinning maybe?

I got them out. The nutserts were spinning in the plastic. I had to cut the heads off the bolts and I am currently looking for a better option for re-installation than nutserts.

My bottom seat is not bolted in at all and it has not been an issue but we do not try to jump waves. All depends on boating style I guess.

My 2005 Sportster had these metal plates in the seat cavity that are rivited to the plastic seat body.

screw boss.jpg

The OEM rivets are aluminum and the heads corroded completely off on half of them. It was a real pain to fish the plates out of the cavity. Once I got the plates out, I drilled out all the intact rivets and replaced them with 316 stainless steel rivets. Those plates should remain intact forever, now.

New Rivets in Seat Plate.jpg

My 2005 Sportster had these metal plates in the seat cavity that are rivited to the plastic seat body.

View attachment 45475

The OEM rivets are aluminum and the heads corroded completely off on half of them. It was a real pain to fish the plates out of the cavity. Once I got the plates out, I drilled out all the intact rivets and replaced them with 316 stainless steel rivets. Those plates should remain intact forever, now.

View attachment 45476
I am Jeremy Divin. I am the one on fb that linked you to the McMaster stainless rivets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back