seadoo xp 657 carb adjusment screws

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bigger question is why are you trying to adjust them? The factory setting should be just about perfect unless you’re at a high altitude or have a modded ski... If you need to adjust the low speed screws away from factory settings, then you have a fuel system problem somewhere that needs addressed. Playing with the low speed adjustment is just a band-aid at best...

Well to be honest, I wouldn’t try to adjust them with the carbs in place then. It’s fine to make small adjustments with them bolted on, but it’s difficult to get your fingers in there and keep track of exactly how far you’re turning the screws.

It only takes ten or fifteen minutes to pull a set of carbs, and you should really go through and rebuild them on a new to you ski anyway...

i took it out on the water today and she bogged then got up and went real good for 2 seconds then died. couldnt get it started again. pulled plugs and they were dry and a little white . Its not getting fuel . Even when i pull the fuel line off the carbs no fuel comes out ?

I took the carbs apart everything looks good except for one of the carb bolts that bolt to the block was loose

Well you need to go through your whole fuel system.

1. If you have any grey tempo fuel lines, replace them with black automotive lines.

2. Empty any old fuel in the tank and replace with fresh fuel.

3. Replace your fuel selector switch. Don’t bother cleaning it. They’re $25, and cleaning them can make them worse rather than better.

4. Clean the fuel filter and replace the o ring on the water separator.

5. Rebuild the carb with a genuine Mikuni rebuild kit and new needle and seat. DO NOT USE AFTERMARKET! The gasket and diaphragm material is not the same and you will have problems if you use anything but Mikuni parts. Follow the carb rebuild sticky on the forum and follow all of the instructions there.

That should get you running correctly and riding rather than wrenching!

ok i just cancelled my carb kit order so i can go with mikuni kit . thank you for answering so fast or i would not of been able to cancel the cheap amazon carb kit lol. Im gonna try and bypass the fuel selector to see if thats the problem , also ill check the pulse line for any cracks. Im almost depressed first my gsx rfi craps out first time on the water and now today the xp i just bought made me pull out the paddle and make my way back to the dock while everyone and there new sea doos just flying by me :(

anyone know where to get a kit for a 94 xp 657x carbs
I can help! OSD "back to stock" kits. Not "back to OEM" sorry. Make sure you add the needles and seats. The Allen head screw conversion is nice to. Going to run you probably around $120 ish. Wish I could take credit but other people on the Forum pointed me to that. Probably best price you're going to find and easiest. Also pop off pressure. You can build a gauge easy and cheap. Just do a search lots of things will come up.

As far as your question about adjusting the screws. Yeah they're hard to reach. A guy told me years ago he did it with rubber hoses on the end of the adjustment screws. I could never get that to work. If you really clean them carbs, use the Factory kits and set to stock you should be fine.

Awesome im gonna check the stator today while I wait for my carb kit cause when I had it running I hooked up my multimeter and the voltage stayed the same running or not

Well after cleaning carbs and bypassing fuel selector and fuel filter she runs real well . No fluctuation of rpm and instead of killing my battery trying to start her it starts up after around 3-5 attempts. There was no o-ring gasket on the fuel filter housing and the fuel selector was clogged pretty good. Also the stator works i get a .5 or more increase in voltage when revving her up...

Im still ordering the carb kit along with a new fuel selector and fuel filter/gasket. Gonna take her out on the water sunday and see what happens!

well got it out on the water and it rides great after bypassing fuel filter and fuel selector. No bogging at all. The only problem now is it takes alot to get it started . after a ride i shut it down and when I tried to go for another drive it wouldnt start and killed the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back