Help identifying carb adjusting screws

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolverine

I am in the process of a resurrection of my 2001 XP. I rebuilt the carburetor (with 'mikidymac' instruction thread). XP fires up, seams to idle good, runs slow , no 'pop' off (quick acceleration) speed and only 1/4 of performance (speed) from the past. Looking to adjust the carb. I have attached pictures of the adjuster screws locations. Would someone educate me on what each of these screws are? Idle. low speed, high speed and the 4th? I found a great post of how to adjust each for top performance, but don't know which screw is what.

Attachments

• Carb before rebuild with adjust screws noted #1-3.JPG
    Carb before rebuild with adjust screws noted #1-3.JPG
    363.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Carb after rebuild with adjust screws noted #4.JPG
    Carb after rebuild with adjust screws noted #4.JPG
    404.1 KB · Views: 39
1&2 are the Low Speed screws. 3 is the idle. 4 on both carbs are High Speed screws. Just set them to the book values.

Thanks mikidymac. I 'thought' I set them to the specs you stated in your rebuild instructions, but now I can verify.

1&2 are the Low Speed screws. 3 is the idle. 4 on both carbs are High Speed screws. Just set them to the book values.

I had read to open highs and lows an extra 1/8 turn to richen things up on 951 engines. Is that necessary, or should we just stick with the specs?

If it is a stock ski, then stock settings.
BTW my 2001 XP is completely sock with stock settings and has been flawless.

Thanks. My ski is a 98 gtx and it’s stock. I also read to add 4 Oz per gallon of non-ethanol gas even with oiler intact. Is that even necessary? Do you add any additional oil to your gas?

I meant to say 4 Oz per 5 gallons, but glad to know they don’t need anything extra. I’ll make sure all of my settings are back to stock and just run non-ethanol without extra oil.

Non-ethanol is great if you have it available. I have been running our California 10% 87 octane for years without a single issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back