Seadoo Speedster 787 twin engine 2 stroke jet boat

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Water sports

Well i worked on the boat today, and replaced all the water and fuel hoses, which certainly was well worth doing as I found one of the water hoses was slightly blocked and o e of the fuel hose was on the manifold which was nearly burnt through so great outcome today.

However some questions,

1- Can i use fuel hose as water hole ?

2-Do you think it is necessary to do the oil pipes, i am going to replace the oil filters (I noticed the oil piping runs under the engines and are wondering how i will undo and tighten the hose clips.

3-When installing the temperature sensors, do I need to use some sort of Loctite on these or some sort of sealant ?

4-Jet pumps, do you think i should drain the oil and replace the oil on both jet pumps (Do you have a diagram on how to carry this work out)

5- in regards to the buzzer and key unit when placing this on i only get a faint couple of beeps, but other times this is loud we have talked about this before do you think I should replace the buzzer unit.

However some questions,

Yes you can but you won't be able to see flow or blockage like you could with clear.

2-Do you think it is necessary to do the oil pipes, i am going to replace the oil filters (I noticed the oil piping runs under the engines and are wondering how i will undo and tighten the hose clips.
The only oil lines that need to be replaces are the little 3/32" ones from the oil pump to the intake manifold.
3-When installing the temperature sensors, do I need to use some sort of Loctite on these or some sort of sealant ?
Just a little PTFE pipe dope. You still need it to be able to ground on the metal of the head to complete the circuit when it activates.
4-Jet pumps, do you think i should drain the oil and replace the oil on both jet pumps (Do you have a diagram on how to carry this work out)
Yes, change the oil. The procedure is in any of the PWC service manuals just find the same year as your boat as the procedure is the same.
5- in regards to the buzzer and key unit when placing this on i only get a faint couple of beeps, but other times this is loud we have talked about this before do you think I should replace the buzzer unit.
Very common for the buzzers to do this as they age. eventually it will stop and need to be replaced.

However some questions,

Yes you can but you won't be able to see flow or blockage like you could with clear.

The only oil lines that need to be replaces are the little 3/32" ones from the oil pump to the intake manifold.
Just a little PTFE pipe dope. You still need it to be able to ground on the metal of the head to complete the circuit when it activates.
Yes, change the oil. The procedure is in any of the PWC service manuals just find the same year as your boat as the procedure is the same.
Very common for the buzzers to do this as they age. eventually it will stop and need to be replaced.
However some questions,

With the water piping this Is coming off the muffler and tees into other piping, i was told clear piping cant handle the heat, ?

Well, nothing on your engine should ever get hot enough to melt any hoses as it is all water cooled.
I would just run whatever is already on it.

Got it, thanks for that, understandable.

In regards to the small oil pipe there looks like there is one that runs under the motor do you think this can just be left and not replaced, you say just replace the one going up to the manifold I will have to check this cause I couldn't see you that yesterday.

Also when you are servicing these motors do people take off the top Off the engine to clean out the waterways I would rather not do this but what's your opinion on that.

No, do not take the head off.
None of the oil lines in your diagram above need to be replaced.
Image.gif

#30 are the only oil lines that need to be replaced.

Hi I am after to replace the main decal either side of the boat do you know where I can get these from, is on your parts list these are non-available
Main Graphic #2 L.H
2Main Graphic #1 R.H
Main Graphic #1 L.H
3Bombardier Decal

That is correct, no OEM decals are available for these older watercraft.
You can check with PWC Graphics but he hasn't been around much so not sure what is up with him. @PWC_Graphics

Do you think there is a certain direction the oil filter should go, there are no markings on this in and out

Attachments

• A0A09A87-31E7-4CF7-9C00-F2C04600BC77.jpeg
    A0A09A87-31E7-4CF7-9C00-F2C04600BC77.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 12
  • 8F336D81-0DB5-46E5-AA53-5CA215B0F33C.jpeg
    8F336D81-0DB5-46E5-AA53-5CA215B0F33C.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 11
This is the one i brought, yes a bit strange One would've thought the arrow would be on it I am picking the big end is the in and the small end is the out what would you suggest , New genuine SeaDoo inline oil filter part number 275000051.

The last OEM one I installed had the small end towards the tank and the big end towards the engine.

Seadoo speedster 787 twin motors 2 stroke

I am looking at replacing the oil to the Counterbalance On both motors, is there a diagram you could show me exactly where the drain plug is I have tried to find it I only can find the screw to fill this up, also how do you know when the oil is fill. The photo I found is not showing me where this area is.

Also replacing the oil in the jet pumps is this quite a major job or is it pretty straightforward I have watched a couple of videos but would ideally like to check if this is fairly easy job.

Attachments

• 4CE713E9-3845-41B5-ACCC-9EAAFC84E3FE.png
    4CE713E9-3845-41B5-ACCC-9EAAFC84E3FE.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 8
You do not need to mess with the counterbalancer oil in the 787 unless the engine is flooded with water. It is not a separate sealed chamber like the 951.

The pump is easy, just follow the service manual.

Ok, just a couple of questions here is how do i know the oil level.

Also i did water blast the engine but was careful, so was just wanted to make sure no water went i to the engine

No, you would have to actually fill the inside of the engine up with water like if you had the flush hose running and the engine off, big no, no.

You don't check the level. I it is just a cavity of residual oil from the 2-stroke oil injection. The early ones didn't even have a way to drain or fill them as they are filled from the factory and replenished as the engines run.

Seadoo speedster 787 twin motors 2 stroke

I am looking at replacing the oil to the Counterbalance On both motors, is there a diagram you could show me exactly where the drain plug is I have tried to find it I only can find the screw to fill this up, also how do you know when the oil is fill. The photo I found is not showing me where this area is.

Also replacing the oil in the jet pumps is this quite a major job or is it pretty straightforward I have watched a couple of videos but would ideally like to check if this is fairly easy job.

I have remove the jet pumps and drain the oil which is very black and smelly when reinstalling the right pump I screwed the filling screw in and used a little bit of marine silicon however the second jet pump the filling screw appears to be cross threaded inside the housing I was wondering what I should be using to reinstall the screws so this does not leak on both pumps
With the oi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back