seadoo rxx top end rebuild , gtx and gsx owner

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

crfstaley

Hi Guys and Gals I have learned and read so much on this website thanks to everyone . I own 3 gtx's 2 stroke ,1 gsx 2 stroke, and 1 rxx . I have put new top ends in 2 gtx and 1 gsx also new fuel lines, flushed tank oil and fuel. new speedo sensors and repaired 4 fuel baffles. I did all these things from what I gathered from the seadoo forum. my question is when I do the top end on the rxx do I need to completely remove both pipes in order to remove carbs and cylinder. or can I just remove the two header sections on each pipe ,it looks like u can, im just not sure. thanks crfstaley.

Tugh... those twins can be such a pain. If you can remove just the header pipes from each, go for it. When I had mine, I always had to loosen the entire pipe system to make enough room to separate the pipes and even then sometimes it was too tight to separate and entire pipe assemblies came out as a whole. Obviously some twisting of the pipes occurred where they swage together and seal woth orings... eventually I got tired of wrenching on twin pipes rather than riding, so the ski went to a buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back