Seadoo Rxdi Fuel Pressure

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tested the ski with the new pump, HFP-342DI, and it works perfect!!! Got voltage at around 12,6V so it seems like its loading the battery. Now we have to see how many hours I will get...

Update on the HFP 500di. Ski ran great for 2 hours in the water. No problems at all. Like Utter92, we will see how many hours I'll get out of it

I have a quick question but an update first.....ran the ski all weekend with the new fuel pump. Only problem, there was a pinhole leak coming from the fuel hose just before the inline filter. Replaced the hose with some high pressure fuel hose and it was good to go. Ski ran great. Now for my question. This new fuel pump does not have an internal check valve like the OEM pumps so when the engine shuts off the fuel flows back into the tank instead of staying inline. Starting the ski takes a few seconds, waiting for the fuel to re flow into the engine. Would it be feasible to install a check valve somewhere in the fuel line, probably closest to the pump would be best??

I got 15 hours of the new pump(blue top HFP-342DI) and it still works perfect! And battery voltage is very good. Winter is comming to Sweden so probably no more runs this year.

Starting the ski takes a few seconds, waiting for the fuel to re flow into the engine. Would it be feasible to install a check valve somewhere in the fuel line, probably closest to the pump would be best??
I recently discovered my OEM pump's check valve is not working. I am still a ways off from getting it running again (pulling the engine now), but I plan to install a check valve if the long start occurs similar to what you are describing. It sounds like the check valve is only there to help with starting... to hold the pressure after the pump initializes to 27 psi or after shutdown. A quick search online indicated there are several options available but I have not gotten any farther with it.

I recently discovered my OEM pump's check valve is not working. I am still a ways off from getting it running again (pulling the engine now), but I plan to install a check valve if the long start occurs similar to what you are describing. It sounds like the check valve is only there to help with starting... to hold the pressure after the pump initializes to 27 psi or after shutdown. A quick search online indicated there are several options available but I have not gotten any farther with it.
So I actually posted that situation on another forum and this is what a member said to adding a check vavle, "A second or two isn't bad for start up. You're probably building air pressure to stabilize and develop correct fuel pressure. A check that is rated for gasoline service and has appropriate line connections for that pressure may be hard to find. It adds more leak points. Also remember that a return spring within the check fights against your fuel pressure, so your pump has to overcome that." With that being said, I do agree with him. Also I am ok with the fact that that there is no check valve on there now. As long as the ski starts up and run the way it should, Ill be happy:sarcastic:

Update on the HFP 500di. Ski ran great for 2 hours in the water. No problems at all. Like Utter92, we will see how many hours I'll get out of it
Can you provide update of how many hours you've gotten on the HFP 500di? I'm fenced between getting the HFP 500di or 342di.

I got 15 hours of the new pump(blue top HFP-342DI) and it still works perfect! And battery voltage is very good. Winter is comming to Sweden so probably no more runs this year.
How has the HFP-342DI performed and how many hours do you have on it now? Would you get the 342DI or 500DI?

Since my last post from late last year I have since gotten ride of the aftermarket pump, it was just too unreliable. It started shutting down mid ride and wouldn’t hold pressure. I bought 2 used OEM pumps from west side powersports and both skis have been running amazing since. Also rebuilt the RX engine earlier this season due to a sheared air compressor bolt. Point of the story, no more aftermarket for me, OEM only....

I like Quantam as a vendor right now. I like their products and they make sense. So far I've only used them on the RFIs. I like working with vendors and if I have an issue, I work with them on solving the issue. I believe they want to provide a quality product or service sometimes we need to help the along. Touchdowns everyone.

I just got off the phone with Quantum and the guy was clueless. Was unable to articulate any difference between the 342DI and the 500DI except for the "profile" and had no recommendation on which one to use in my GTX DI other than "the last one I sold was 342DI". I am trying to figure out power draw and max pressure ratings but none of that seems to be available. Does anyone have a competent technical contact over there?

I was originally going to pay up for OEM but am exploring a 500DI since the price is about 1/3.

Call the guy back and get the contact information for his supplier. Follow the trail up to the people that know what's going on. Tell them you are sourcing pumps for a number of ski owners and you need some technical infomation. You should be able to find what you need. Good Luck !!

Before you replace the fuel pump, make sure the "check valve" is not stuck. My RXT had same issue where engine will shut down after 3800 RPM. IMG_20200713_213558859[1].jpgTurns out, there’s a check valve that looks like an orange and metal spacer at the bottom where the internal filter sits on top. It was stuck, so I removed it and lightly sanded it down. Reinstalled and ski is maintaining pressure. The old fuel pump was not bad after all.
IMG_20200713_213757910[1].jpg

IMG_20200713_213529379[1].jpg

The 342di pulls 9amps to the 6-7 amps the 500 draws im pretty sure..Rfis dont have issues with using aftermarket pumps because they use less electronics then the di.

The 342di pulls 9amps to the 6-7 amps the 500 draws im pretty sure..Rfis dont have issues with using aftermarket pumps because they use less electronics then the di.
Where are you getting those power draws? Quantum sure isn't willing to provide them when I ask...

i have a 342di in my di and tested it im going to source a good oem pump. The 500 pump i found that info online. Either way just get oem

Hi! I have now used the blue top HFP-342DI during 2020 summer, around 40 hours and it still works really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back