RESTO Seadoo RX low compression

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giliar

So I took out my Sea-Doo RX the other day and it shut off out of nowhere after riding it for about 2 hours. I tried to start it but it would just crank and run really poorly for a few seconds so I had to tow it in. I checked the pressure on both cylinders and the front cylinder was showing 30 psi and when I removed the cover and pressed the start button the front cylinder had a little bit of water shooting back out of it ( nothing substantial ).

What are the chances that the rings are still good and it was just the top gasket that wasn’t sealing properly and water was going through?

For some reason it’s not letting me share pictures but the top of the low compression cylinder was black and the other one was clean.IMG_4913.JPGIMG_4912.JPGIMG_4911.JPGIMG_4914.JPG

The engine is done.
Low compression, one piston has debris damage where something went through the engine and the black piston to is because it was running lean.
You will need a rebuilt crank, oversized new pistons with cylinders bored over. I would also rebuild the balancer shaft.

Typically this is caused by fuel starvation from carbs or other fuel system parts so that needs to be rebuilt before you ruin a brand new engine.

Sorry to see that! When mine exploded internally it made this look like a day at the park....
A lot of water came in to the cylinder and Hydrolocked and exploded the engine inside it look like a bomb went off.
Regardless of how bad or not it explodes internally....
It’s still toasted....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back