Seadoo GTI Won’t give any power

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterX

I have a 2018 Seadoo GTI 90, and when I took it down in the water one day, I realize that the jet ski wasn’t giving power, it started out great at the beginning, and when I exited the 5mph zone, and started accelerating, it didn’t accelerate and gave a weird noise, I sounded like the driveshaft was moving left and right hitting the inside of the Seadoo, I checked my wear ring and my propeller, everything looked good, but when I checked my driveshaft, I realized that the rubber at the end of the driveshaft was damaged, so I was wondering if that was the problem

And I kept the engine on and brought it up the land, it suddenly started beeping and said overheat, but when I shut it down and restarted it, it was working properly again. Then I took it under the water again, the same thing happened again

Probably the splines are gone and the shaft is spinning inside the impeller , overheat from not enough water being pumped to cool the exhaust which comes from the pump.

Probably the splines are gone and the shaft is spinning inside the impeller , overheat from not enough water being pumped to cool the exhaust which comes from the pump.

Ok yes, that’s what I was thinking too when I took the driveshaft out, so I ordered a new driveshaft for replacement and hopefully it would work, thanks for the answer, I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back