Seadoo GSX RFI 1999, battery charging problem SOS

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ndmp2002

i have a problem with 12V low, battery charging
first i replaced the rectifier and everything was fine for one weekend then i got 12v low again, it was end of the season i did not do anything. since i replaced rectifier i figure it probably is magneto and i got used magneto from working ski, when i replaced it i still have same problem, it would not charge. Than i tried my old rectifier and i got 13.3v to 13.5v.
i was not lazy and i tried my magneto again with my old rectifier and it was charging 14.5v but it is not always the same, one time i start it it will charge, next time will not. Now i have two rectifiers and two magnetos but i am not sure what is good or bad, can anybody help me with testing the rectifier and magneto as well. I have pulled magnetos and rectifiers 3-4 times and iam getting tired of it. both magnetos are showing .6 - .7 oms resistance between yellow wires when ski is not running, can anybody give me idea how to test rectifier when is taken out of ski and also how to test magneto while ski is running. I really need to test both parts since i have replaced it a few times and like i said one time is charging and next time is not. Please Help

Welcome to the forum. Odd situation with the intermittent activity with the system. This section is more for introductions. There is a 2-stroke PWC section that would be where this questions should be posted. Give it a try there and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back