Seadoo Fish Pro newbie

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BocaFishpro

Hey all,

Pulled the trigger on the Fishpro and I am all set for my first fishing trip here in South Fl. This is the second time using the PWC. First time was awesome but my fish finder is not powering up. Anyone have any experience with this? I would love to avoid heading all the way to the dealer for something like this. I’m green and clueless there is nothing out there or in the manuals with any info. Need to know where the two cables go. Thanks!

Congrats on the FP. I picked nine up 2 weeks ago. Also five of my buddies bought one each at the same time. To answer your question, none of us had any problems with powering on the Garmin. Pnly issue we had is that the GPS basemap is super generic works map. Seadoo/garmin want you to buy a detailed marine map ($220) extra. You do have to push and hold the power button for a few seconds for it to power up. Also either have the key installed or push the start stop button to wake up the ski module and supply power to the garmin.

Congrats on the FP. I picked nine up 2 weeks ago. Also five of my buddies bought one each at the same time. To answer your question, none of us had any problems with powering on the Garmin. Pnly issue we had is that the GPS basemap is super generic works map. Seadoo/garmin want you to buy a detailed marine map ($220) extra. You do have to push and hold the power button for a few seconds for it to power up. Also either have the key installed or push the start stop button to wake up the ski module and supply power to the garmin.
Congrats as well sounds awesome to be in a pack of FPs!!! Thanks for replying.

Hey all,

Pulled the trigger on the Fishpro and I am all set for my first fishing trip here in South Fl. This is the second time using the PWC. First time was awesome but my fish finder is not powering up. Anyone have any experience with this? I would love to avoid heading all the way to the dealer for something like this. I’m green and clueless there is nothing out there or in the manuals with any info. Need to know where the two cables go. Thanks!
Hey brother, I had the same problem when I bought mine in Sanford Fl, took it back to the dealership and their answer was "oops sorry we forgot to hook it to the battery". Now it comes on just fine, but the depth finder does not show the depth in the upper left corner like it should. There are only the two blank lines where the number should be. Congrats on the F.P., if you ever plan a trip up here to the Cocoa Beach area hit me up...

Hey Chewie, where are you located? I am looking for another boat to go deep sea fishing with...

Hey brother, I had the same problem when I bought mine in Sanford Fl, took it back to the dealership and their answer was "oops sorry we forgot to hook it to the battery". Now it comes on just fine, but the depth finder does not show the depth in the upper left corner like it should. There are only the two blank lines where the number should be. Congrats on the F.P., if you ever plan a trip up here to the Cocoa Beach area hit me up...

The Transducer is in the hull in a cup. You need to have antifreeze in there before it will read depth. My dealer did not put it in. I used Rv antifreeze, but when I went out it didn’t work. I opened it back up, to find the antifreeze leaked out. The cup did not have a good seal. I used JB weld and resealed it, put in new rv antifreeze and it works great!

Last edited:
Hey all,

Congratulations. I have one too. Just reached the 10 hour maintenance point. Would like to join you and others to go fishing.

Hi Boca, the same exact happened to me. The dealers answer was "oops we forgot to plug it in". Then after that the transponder was not working, had to take it back again and leave for a week, but they fixed it under the warranty. Now its working great.

The two cABLES go into the back of the fishfinder. If you don’t get any readings on fishfinder you will need antifreeze in the cup for the transducer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back