SeaDoo Dolly Designs?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

muskokamarc

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to build a seadoo dolly for my 2007 GTX. I have a family member in the steel tubing industry so he is going to have someone build it.

Does anyone have measurements/designs for a dolly?

Thanks

Marc

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to build a seadoo dolly for my 2007 GTX. I have a family member in the steel tubing industry so he is going to have someone build it.

Does anyone have measurements/designs for a dolly?

Thanks

Marc
Don't over think this... I've seen these built from 2X4's, and PVC pipe. Mine is build from 2x4 and 4x4's, and I bought 4 casters from Lowes. Measurements, really are pretty simple. Look at your trailer. The weight of your ski is at the engine, and a bit forward for fuel. Mine measures about 6 feet in length, and 3 or 4 feet wide. I put down one centerboard, with carpet. I blocked the back casters so they would not move, then I put my trailer in front, and started releasing the cable and pushing the ski off to the wooden flat wood frame (you need two people). Once the center of the ski was on the center board, I started pulling the trailer out, allowing the ski to sit on that center board. Once it was starting to transfer the weight, I had my buddy take a couple 4/4's and use them as wedges. Once the ski was on the center board, I got a measurement from the wedges I placed, cut some 2x4's to run the length, carpeted them, then put bracing down on my wooden frame, to stabilize it. I can roll it around my shop, roll it out side to wash it, and work on it. The ski is the GTX, 12 feet long. Don't over think this. You don't need a bunch of metal, welding machines, and winchs... Pull them up on google, look at images, ... it's a really easy to do it your self project.

Just ended up having a customer of my dads weld some tube together and throw in some casters. It's a bit higher than my trailer so next year I'll have to have him cut it down a bit but it works fantastic! Just bought some outdoor carpet from Canadian Tire and used a staple gun on the wood.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    227.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Back