Seadoo boats

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rcookr1

Does anyone think Sea-Doo will start building boats again?. Its getting harder and harder to find any Sea-Doo dealers to work on them or even order parts!!!!. I think its total bullshit the Sea-Doo will not release all the DATA to all the dealers for free! They should support those of use that own Sea-Doo boats. Why in the world would Sea-Doo do this?. Its like I bought a boat that the manufacture went bankrupt. Sea-Doo needs to do the right thing. Can you imagine going to a Ford dealer or Chevy dealer and having them tell you we don't work on trucks and we cant order parts for one.

Is this really true? You can't get or its hard to find parts for the Sea-Doo boats? I found this site to do research on possibly buying a 2010 Challenger SE.....but if you can't get parts then forget it. Bummer.....its really a nice boat

I have found every part I need it for my boat. Never had an issue and many of the boat parts themselves are common parts used on many other brands of boats. I may have to order the parts over the internet but in a few days I always get the part I need. When it comes to the engines and pumps they are the same you will find on the vast majority of their pwc's. I have never had and don't think I will have any problems getting parts for my 2010 210 Challenger.

My boat is a 99, I have zero problems getting parts. I can still get parts for my old skidoo snowmobiles from the 80's. The boat engines and pumps are the same as their pwc. The other parts are commercial parts, available online. It's not hard to get parts.

As far as letting all dealers work on boats, you had to be a boat dealer to sell/service them. You have to agree to buy X boats per year, there not free until you sell them.

So, say you sell seadoo boats but the dealer 20 miles away is smaller has less overhead and can charge a significantly lower hourly service rate but doesn't sell/service boats because they couldn't afford the extra layout to sell the boats.

Is it fair to let that cheaper dealer service them? Think about it as if you were the bigger dealer and are putting food on your table. Not to fair is it?

Thank you gb387 & racerxxx, makes feel better about looking at this boat. Still doing research to maintenance and how these do in salt water as the the inter coastal is my preference.

Thank you gb387 & racerxxx, makes feel better about looking at this boat. Still doing research to maintenance and how these do in salt water as the the inter coastal is my preference.

As long as you flush the system with salt away when you're done in salt, you should be good. You'll also have to keep any eye on your sacrificial anodes as well. Which inter coastal waters will you be frequenting?

Yes......I do use Salt Away w/ previous boat so I would/will definitely continue. Usually drop in New Smyrna and go to Disappearing Island area. I see you are from Orlando, I assume you too? I'm in Deltona.......Did you buy yours new? If so or not, how has your repair/maintenance cost run? If you don't mind......starting to feel like I've high jacked this thread, but it kinda pertains to what the op started......

As long as you flush the system with salt away when you're done in salt, you should be good. You'll also have to keep any eye on your sacrificial anodes as well. Which inter coastal waters will you be frequenting?

Yes......I do use Salt Away w/ previous boat so I would/will definitely continue. Usually drop in New Smyrna and go to Disappearing Island area. I see you are from Orlando, I assume you too? I'm in Deltona.......Did you buy yours new? If so or not, how has your repair/maintenance cost run? If you don't mind......starting to feel like I've high jacked this thread, but it kinda pertains to what the op started......

Nice. We go to Disappearing Island all the time. Not always on my boat, but we do go a lot.

Purchased the boat used in 2015 from the local Regal/Nautique dealer. We've put about 100 hours on her since. Maintenance has been reasonable, but twin engine boats do cost more for maintenance. We've done the following maintenance:

Yearly oil changes: $150
Antifreeze change this year was about $75
Had to rebuild the superchargers this year being that we didn't know if they were ever done: $870
Fuel isn't too bad. We fill up at half a tank (44 gallon tank) and usually fill up every 2 or three times out depending on where we go. We use premium fuel because of the superchargers.

The boat has been good to us thus far.

I can get parts online too. There are a ton of Seadoo dealerships that sell jetskis but cant work on the boats and also have them tell you they cant order parts either because there not autherized. The point is Seadoo has F#cked over the boat owners.

I can get parts online too. There are a ton of Seadoo dealerships that sell jetskis but cant work on the boats and also have them tell you they cant order parts either because there not autherized. The point is Seadoo has F#cked over the boat owners.

How has Seadoo F'd over the owners? My local dealer still works on boats, yes, they were a boat dealer. Why not just go to the seadoo boat dealer who sold boats?

Where are you located?

I'm in Georgia. The amount of dealers that work on them keep decreasing. Any Seadoo dealer should be able to work on them and order parts period. There are 2 dealers with 30 miles of me and neither of them can work on the boats or order parts.

Hard to get parts locally check your area to make sure there is a Seadoo boat dealer near you and ask if they plan on staying a dealer. Thats all Im trying to say.

Is this really true? You can't get or its hard to find parts for the Sea-Doo boats? I found this site to do research on possibly buying a 2010 Challenger SE.....but if you can't get parts then forget it. Bummer.....its really a nice boat

Hard to get parts locally check your area to make sure there is a Seadoo boat dealer near you and ask if they plan on staying a dealer. Thats all Im trying to say.

Any dealer that was a boat dealer should still service them. If they're not, that is not Seadoo's fault and should be brought to their attention. You can go to seadoo's website and search for dealers by zip. It will list what they are allowed to work on. The boat "franchise" is just like the can Am Spyders, not every dealer can work on them, this probably gets down to training as well as being an authorized dealer to sell them.

Any dealer that was a boat dealer should still service them. If they're not, that is not Seadoo's fault and should be brought to their attention. You can go to seadoo's website and search for dealers by zip. It will list what they are allowed to work on. The boat "franchise" is just like the can Am Spyders, not every dealer can work on them, this probably gets down to training as well as being an authorized dealer to sell them.

Went to the Seadoo website put in my zipcode first one on the list 40 miles away Mitchell Marine hasnt serviced boats for years!! Thanks Seadoo

I've not had a problem getting parts for my seadoo boats. The engine parts are largely the same as the PWC engine parts, and the boat parts are largely standard boat parts available from many outlets. Example: I just replaced the horn on my 210 Challenger. Found the replacement in about 15 minutes online.

As for the ICW question: I live about 4 hours away from it, but do a lot of boating there and love it. This was last Saturday's track - 130.7 miles in one day. That was a new record for us.

C21339EC-E49F-4010-8762-FD2C8BE8B24D.jpg

I've not had a problem getting parts for my seadoo boats. The engine parts are largely the same as the PWC engine parts, and the boat parts are largely standard boat parts available from many outlets. Example: I just replaced the horn on my 210 Challenger. Found the replacement in about 15 minutes online.

As for the ICW question: I live about 4 hours away from it, but do a lot of boating there and love it. This was last Saturday's track - 130.7 miles in one day. That was a new record for us.

View attachment 41744
Ok, that's insane mileage in one day. I'm used to a little more than 50ish.

Ive had good luck using the local sea ray dealer. They also sell the new scarabs. The scarab uses the Rotax engine, So if they can work on those, they can usually work on the newer sea doo 4 stroke boats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back