Seadoo 717 gti not starting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pagsli

Hey guys thanks for taking the time to help out I really appreciate it. I am having issues with my gti.
When I go to start the gti it starts or runs for 15 secs and then dies as soon as I begin to hook up water to cooling system. After this it only runs off of premix put directly into carb. I have taken off fuel lines and seen that there’s fuel pumping out of the flywheel side carb.
Any help would be much apreciated

Here’s what I have done.
Taken carbs apart for cleaning of filters.
Still have grey fuel lines was hoping not to replace since I am selling and just want to get it running.

Didn’t think I would need to mess with fuel strainer and selector since I see fuel getting to the carbs.

Also what I know is that there is only 130 psi compression in each cylinder. This was from previous owner running crappy 2 cycle I assume. But it still runs wiTh fuel in carbs or starts and dies so I assume that’s not causing a starting issue

If the strainer or selector are leaking air it will cause a problem.

Most of the time just cleaning the filters isn't all that is needed, the carbs need to be cleaned correctly and rebuilt with Genuine Mikuni parts. THe gray fuel lines need to be replaced.

At 130 psi it should run fine, especially on the trailer.

If the strainer or selector are leaking air it will cause a problem.

Most of the time just cleaning the filters isn't all that is needed, the carbs need to be cleaned correctly and rebuilt with Genuine Mikuni parts. THe gray fuel lines need to be replaced.

At 130 psi it should run fine, especially on the trailer.
Okay thank you will do all of those

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back