Seadoo 580 spi fuel trouble

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jusgareau

Please help me I have a 1996 Seadoo spi 580 and I have been trying to get this stupid thing running properly for the past 3 month at first it seamed to be fuel searging was very slow on take of I did everything I thought possible cleaned carb cleaned all fillters drained tank and filled with new gas checked fuel pick up and I just recently did a carb rebuild kit seems to have been running a bit better but I took it out on the lake and still kept bogging and then eventually just left me stranded and would not start back up has a brand new motor in it bought from cv tech and has not ran properly since please help I am out of ideas
BDD990C9-0D45-4C71-9056-B1097A4C55C0.png

First thing... since it was towed... make sure your engine isn't full of water. Spark plugs out, and crank.

Anyway... Sounds like you are doing the right things... but.....

1) Verify compression.
2) Verify the rotary valve timing.
3) Verify fuel system. (make sure you can suck fuel to the carb hose) If there is a leak, it will draw air.
4) Verify the carb. Build it to "Book" specs, and make sure to use ONLY OEM Mikuni parts. The aftermarket kits SUCK !!! They cause more Issues than they solve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back