SeaDek installation question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DooGuy

For all that have installed SeaDek/turf do you have to sand down the raised fiberglass traction or will it adhere over without issues? The attach is from the swim deck shows the raised traction etc, no I’m not applying now just laying out to see before. IMG_1822.JPG

Thanks,
Rick

Attachments

• IMG_1822.JPG
    IMG_1822.JPG
    596 KB · Views: 41
I’m pretty sure it will adhere right over the top without any issues ... but will let those that have done it chime in. I’m getting ready to do the installation as well. Any other tips for installing seadek would be appreciated.

No sanding required. Just make sure everything has been cleaned according to the directions.

No sanding required. Just make sure everything has been cleaned according to the directions.

Great thank you, one other question for filling the snap holes from the carpet (if you had snap in carpet) did you fill or leave, if filled what did you use?

As jpass said.... I have installed it in my 210 over a textured surface just as you have with no issues. A Clean surface is very important.

Great thank you, one other question for filling the snap holes from the carpet (if you had snap in carpet) did you fill or leave, if filled what did you use?

I just made sure my swim deck was really clean. And then cleaned it with acetone right before I installed.

I am going to install SeaDek in the cabin. I removed all the snaps and filled with 5200. Once it dried I got it flush with a razor blade.

Finally got the SeaDek installed, had to wait for temps, then schedule, but well worth the wait. very happy with the results!
IMG_2246.JPG IMG_2241.JPGIMG_2250.JPGCA23DBE4-3BE7-4A9A-81A3-BDF16E73A1A8.jpg
IMG_2317.JPG

DooGuy - totally impressed with the way your boat looks with the Seadek! I showed my wife your subwoofer comment on the other thread (she has ripped up her toes too) and pointed out that it was your wife that spotted that issue before it happened (so naturally, I blamed her for not doing the same). On the next thread she saw your new flooring and fell in love with your boat. So in order to win her heart back, I really need to get new flooring!

Yours looks to be the 4", Camel...or is it the Mocha? Can you tell us how you sourced it?

Thanks!
JK

Haha, showed my wife and we had a good chuckle.

For the SeaDek, thank you, it totally changed the look for the better. Ordered in January from JetBoatPilot. It’s the cockpit and swim platform kit in mocha over black. Thought was getting the faux teak look which has the brushed look but received the microdot texture. After seeing the price difference we opted to keep it and are actually pretty happy with. Email Kim, customerservice@jetboatpilot.com and see if she can cut you a deal. Lot more than hyrdro turf but the custom look makes up for it.

IMG_2331.JPG

Thanks DooGuy… huge help. I'll see what Kim will do for me. Maybe I will tell her that the members of Seadoo Forum are always looking for a great deal, and I will gladly be an advocate for them with pictures...etc...just as you have done.

I'm going to reach out to Kim now...

Three quick questions -

1. The Jetboatpilot.com site shows the online price of $1099.90 for Faux Teak which is shown in a "Brushed" texture. Did they discount you $384 because you were shipped a different texture (called "embossed" on the Seadek website)? Did you ever figure out if "Style E" is Embossed and not Brushed?

2. Are the helm sections slit so they will fit around the captain's chairs? Difficult to see from the pics, and I think I would opt to cut them myself vs. removing the chairs.....

3. Did you have an adhesive mat already glued to the ski platform? If so, any advice on the removal?

Thanks again

JK

Thanks DooGuy… huge help. I'll see what Kim will do for me. Maybe I will tell her that the members of Seadoo Forum are always looking for a great deal, and I will gladly be an advocate for them with pictures...etc...just as you have done.

I'm going to reach out to Kim now...

Three quick questions -

1. The Jetboatpilot.com site shows the online price of $1099.90 for Faux Teak which is shown in a "Brushed" texture. Did they discount you $384 because you were shipped a different texture (called "embossed" on the Seadek website)? Did you ever figure out if "Style E" is Embossed and not Brushed?

2. Are the helm sections slit so they will fit around the captain's chairs? Difficult to see from the pics, and I think I would opt to cut them myself vs. removing the chairs.....

>>>> the holes are cut, no slit, and will slip around the seat base. Only couple screws hold the chair on. Really easy to remove and reinstall. Nice clean look and helps with alignment. With the lines I wanted everything to line up etc.

3. Did you have an adhesive mat already glued to the ski platform? If so, any advice on the removal?

>>>> I had nothing on the deck before. Have seen a few posts on other boat forums though when I was researching about adhesive removal solvents that work well.

Thanks again

JK

Hey JK

I know there is usually a group buy for the forum in the fall/winter. I just emailed off their website outside of and referenced the forum too. I’m one that will always ask for a discount on anything.

For your questions...

1. I missed that the embossed equaling microdot vs the brushed texture, the sale price when I called about exchanging to the brushed was $959, plus I would have to pay for return shipping from WA to FL. So definitely more for the brushed style. Not sure on the code but when you email if you want brushed be specific with them.

2. The holes are cut, no slit, and will slip around the seat base. Only couple screws hold the chair on. Really easy to remove and reinstall. Nice clean look and helps with alignment. With the lines I wanted everything to line up etc.
front:
IMG_2233.JPG
Back view:
IMG_2231.JPG
Seat pedestal cutout:
IMG_2234.JPG

3. I had nothing on the deck before. Had seen a few posts on other boat forums though when I was researching about adhesive removal solvents that work well.

Thanks again for your response. Fantastic job getting this done and you have to be thrilled with the results!

Well DooGuy - you remain the better negotiator. I wrote Kim early this week explaining that I am a Seadooforum member who was prepared to buy/recommend, and was hoping to take advantage of a sale price so that I could immediately buy.

She replied with the exact quote that they show online...$1099 + $26 for shipping.

Guess I shouldn't have seemed so enthusiastic.... Maybe I'll have to tell her that I am also looking at three sets of Hydro Turf.....

I wrote to Kim again asking about the "group sale". She said that if I wait until September, the price would drop 30% to $796.88.

Hmm. Wondering if I want to wait....

Me personally, I would. There’s such a difference between this kit and the hydro turf. For me having the routed edges and custom look was well worth waiting. I made the decision last season and then bought in December. I came really close though during summer to going the hydro turf because I’m impatient. I’m so glad that I held off.

Never a question about Seadek... that's clearly what I want. I am only trying to decide if I want to wait another boating season before I pull the trigger. 30% is a great savings, but so is getting rid of the carpet that is creating dry-rot, rubber gravel all over my cockpit. I'm so tired of vacuuming that crap out of my boat.

By the way, I installed the blue LED convenience lights you recommended. What a fantastic result for such an easy upgrade.

I am still trying to figure out the lights in the rear cup holders. It appears I have two different types...including this one (pic) that looks like a bubble/button that is pushed through the plastic. Is doesn't loosen when turned and I am not wanting to unscrew the entire starboard side upholstery just to get access to take out the entire cup holder assembly. 2019-06-25 17.29.01.jpg2019-06-25 17.29.24.jpg

I am waiting for a seadek purchase as well. I just pulled all the carpet & am going with the bare floor for now. I’m sure it’s not as nice as seadek but I prefer it to the rotting carpet & mess you described. It’s not too bad with a naked floor I’ve found. Just have to remove the snaps so you don’t step on them. Ouch!

Checking with JBP to see if they can still make the Mocha-over-Black, brushed, for my Utopia. I can absolutely wait a month for a 35% savings if they're willing to honor it. Haven't spoken with Kim yet, specifically. All e-mail has come from Tabetha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back