SeaDek installation question

Water Crafts
2007 Sea Doo 230 Challenger Se
For all that have installed SeaDek/turf do you have to sand down the raised fiberglass traction or will it adhere over without issues? The attach is from the swim deck shows the raised traction etc, no I’m not applying now just laying out to see before. IMG_1822.JPG

Thanks,
Rick

Attachments

Water Crafts
2012 Challenger 210 310hp
I’m pretty sure it will adhere right over the top without any issues ... but will let those that have done it chime in. I’m getting ready to do the installation as well. Any other tips for installing seadek would be appreciated.

JPass

Water Crafts
2012 Challenger 210 SE
No sanding required. Just make sure everything has been cleaned according to the directions.

Water Crafts
2007 Sea Doo 230 Challenger Se
No sanding required. Just make sure everything has been cleaned according to the directions.
Great thank you, one other question for filling the snap holes from the carpet (if you had snap in carpet) did you fill or leave, if filled what did you use?

gb387

As jpass said.... I have installed it in my 210 over a textured surface just as you have with no issues. A Clean surface is very important.

Water Crafts
2007 Seadoo Challenger 180
Great thank you, one other question for filling the snap holes from the carpet (if you had snap in carpet) did you fill or leave, if filled what did you use?
I just made sure my swim deck was really clean. And then cleaned it with acetone right before I installed.

I am going to install SeaDek in the cabin. I removed all the snaps and filled with 5200. Once it dried I got it flush with a razor blade.

JPass

Water Crafts
2012 Challenger 210 SE
You'll definitely want to fill the holes just in case.

I did what trevorc5505 did.....5200 in all the old snap holes.

Adsense

Latest posts

Usergroup

Administrator Moderator Premium Member