seadek install questions?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman_cb

hey guys, i'm thinking im going to bite the bullet and buy the seadek kit for my 09 230 wake, im not impressed with the factory carpet. my question for anyone who has installed it is, when you remove the factory snaps for the carpet what (if anything) are you using to fill the old holes? some sort of epoxy or marine silicone?

thoughts?

Attachments

• 5909_1024x1024.jpg
    5909_1024x1024.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 15
  • 9238_1024x1024.jpg
    9238_1024x1024.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 16
I used 4200, cause I had some laying around. Then followed up with a flat razor once cured.

I used 4200 as well, but if I was to do it again I’d probably use the spectrum gelcoat past kit as the 4200 will discolor if any holes are not covered. Best thing would be lay the kit out and see what’s not going to be covered. Also I saw a post where someone used a laser square to align the lines. Wish I’d have thought of that. I really like the seadek.

I used 4200 as well, but if I was to do it again I’d probably use the spectrum gelcoat past kit as the 4200 will discolor if any holes are not covered.

Every one of my old snap holes are covered by the Seadek, so it's not an issue. The original kit I received was made from a boat without the carpet. I made the appropriate adjustments and had them make my kit slightly bigger. Fits perfectly.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it end up costing you for the kit? Did you have to template it or was it available already?

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it end up costing you for the kit? Did you have to template it or was it available already?

I got the kit from another site that usually has a great group buy deal at the end of every summer. Think I paid roughly $900 for the full, 36+ piece kit.

They already had a template, but sent me out mylar pieces to test fit prior to purchasing. I made adjustments to their kit and developed their SE version to help cover the snaps as their original kit was made from the lower model without the factory carpet.

I got the kit from another site that usually has a great group buy deal at the end of every summer. Think I paid roughly $900 for the full, 36+ piece kit.

They already had a template, but sent me out mylar pieces to test fit prior to purchasing. I made adjustments to their kit and developed their SE version to help cover the snaps as their original kit was made from the lower model without the factory carpet.

I'd be interested in that site. :)

Jetboatpilot will have the sale at the end of the season, September I think. That's when I got mine, I think it was 30% discount based on the total orders. I even had new pads made for the Transat seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back