Sea Doo Warrenty Transfer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pro10is

I may soon purchase a used 2008 Speedster 150. The original owner says that there are two more years left on the extended warranty.

Is this warranty transferable to me? If so what do I need to do at time of purchase to transfer it? Do I need the original owners service record for the warranty?

I would say yes. My Ski had 18 months left on its warranty.
You should get a owners hand book with the boat and it will tell you in there.
Warranty could be years or hours of use.
And it will cover certain parts, not all.

There is only a 1 year warranty on the boat. The extended warranty is like a drive train warranty. It only covers the motors and the drives. Nothing else. Go over the boat with a fine toothcomb. BRP will deny deny deny everything else. I am working myself up...time to find a class action attorney. BRP, in my opinion, has a very big issue with their gelcoat. They know it...they also make the warranty process very difficult to process. I firmly believe there is enough here to warrant a class action lawsuit. :rant:

Jim is 100% correct. Look over the boat extremely carefully so you know what your buying. I have owned three Seadoos and two of them had thousands in warranty claims done. Many of them were a huge battle with BRP.

Both my Utopia 205 and Challenger 180 had many gelcoat issues. I was having a nervous breakdown every time I had to fight the fight with BRP.

Craig

I'm looking at an '08 Challenger 180 now. What specifically should I look for in the hull to make sure I won't end up with major problems? Are cracks clearly visible? Any help would be appreciated. I'd like my first boat ownership to be a positive one. :)

Pop the cushions off. Look along the bins. Paid a lot of attention where the hull meets something..like the windshield, cleats, etc. Look for hairline cracks that looks like spiderweb. Of course, if you come across major crack, that's a problem as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back