Sea-Doo SP wash out wierdness

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Midijamm

When I put the washout water on you can feel it pulse. In other words the water flows for a second the stops for a second continuously switching. Correspondingly the water in the clear small hoses up top moves a little on one direction then stops and resides. Water comes out the exhaust but never out the tell tales at the rear. In the water it all works fine and no apparent overheating (does it have a beeper?)

My concern is it may not be washing out or may overheat on washout if it is not circulating.

Any relevant experience?

On most of the 580 engines you have to clamp off the hose behind the flush fitting when flushing so the water doesn’t just go out the back.

Yes they all have overheating beepers but it’s pretty common for them to go bad.

Awesome!
Thanks so much for the invaluable tip!
Seems obvious now that you point it out. What a dumb design.
is that the supply line for the whole cooling system?
If so, then one could conceivably wash it out in the water with the line clamped. ?

Thank you all for your help.

Moved from freshwater to oceanfront and really needed to wash them out whereas I didn't bother in the lake

Why couldn’t you just remove the inlet hose off the pump and just hook up there? I just got my first ski. I didn’t have the adaptor for the tee in the outlet hose so I just pulled it off of the exhaust (at the back of the ski) and adapted to the garden hose to flush. But when test running, why not use the inlet?

Why couldn’t you just remove the inlet hose off the pump and just hook up there? I just got my first ski. I didn’t have the adaptor for the tee in the outlet hose so I just pulled it off of the exhaust (at the back of the ski) and adapted to the garden hose to flush. But when test running, why not use the inlet?

Because you want to backflush the system to remove any sand and debris.

I get the reason why to back flush, i have done that because of the ski setting for 3 yers. But want to let it run for longer than 3 minutes at a Time. And thought using intake hose would be more like being in the lake.

No reason to run it the other way and there is no reason to let it run for longer than a minute or two.

The carbon ring on your driveshaft will heat up if you run it for more than 1-2 minutes.

Sorry, you don’t have a carbon ring. But your driveshaft and your driveshaft bearing will heat up. They only cool by being in the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back