1995 sea doo xp oil injector pump removal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

caw0215

Hi - I've recently picked up a 1995 sea doo xp 717 bombardier (free). The ski was sitting on a lift for 2 years and has not been cranked. The original owner has two new yamahas so he basically wanted to free up the lift so he donated the xp to me.

Both cylinders have good compression. I put some oil in the cylinders and it turns over with a new battery. It did run when he docked it so that looks promising. I'm in the process of draining oil /gas and replacing lines and fuel selector valve, carb rebuild kits, etc. I figure if I get a few seasons out of it the much needed maintenance is worth it.

When replacing the oil line coming into the oil injector pump I could see that the cable was frayed. The arm the cable connects to that regulates the oil was also pretty rusted. It bends easily when trying to remove the cable so I plan to replace either the arm or the pump itself. I picked up another pump on ebay #290 996 725 for $25 in good condition and plan to simply replace it and cable.

Not a lot on the forum on the oil injection removal (for my model) except when it comes to switching to premix. Those sections indicated that you just remove the 2 allen bolts and it slides right out. This is not what I found...it looks like I may have to remove the oil pump flange #290 810 781 to get to the plastic gear and nut.

I haven't tested the pump that's on the ski. It was running when it was docked so :
Option #1 - thinking maybe I could just replace the rusty cable arm and spring. There's not a lot of wiggle room down there. With the spring being wound and also the notch / arm aligning right is my concern.
Question: is this easy to do or a pita?

Option #2 is to pull the flange and then replace pump and gear. Hoping I don't have to pull the RV cover and would like to avoid that.
Question #2: do I have to remove the flange? are there any concerns with this?

Hoping this was not to wordy and makes sense? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• oil injector xp 717.PNG
    oil injector xp 717.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
You're gonna have to pull the pump mounting cover. I'd pull the rotary valve cover so I could more easily replace the oil lines and charge them oil. More work with those parts in the ski..

1998 GS Engine  Oil Pump and Intake (3).JPEG1998 GS Engine  Oil Pump and Intake (1).JPEG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back