Sea Doo Rxt 215 2006 Oil warning P1520

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProSeaDoo

Hello,
Sea Doo RXT 215 supercharged 2006
I am geting oil warning and code P1520 after 2500rpm with non stop beep and limp mode.

Things i tried to solve this problem but non of them helped:
1. Oil level is good
2. New oil preassure switch 420856533 (from Sea Doo dealer)
3. New Oil filter
4. Tried to ground oil preassure switch
5. Tested wiring between oil preassure switch and ecm
6. Measured oil preasure 55-90 PSI video:

Any sugestions please?

Last edited:
This is from another forum: the switch is for high or low pressure. The regulator they are talking about is at the bottom side of the engine under the PTO. I guess they get stuck sometimes.

"Sensor checks for too high oil pressure as well as too low ... checks for too high pressure above 3500 rpm. The pressure regulators can stick 'open' or 'closed', and either too high pressure or too low pressure will cause the sensor to throw the code and put the ski in limp mode. Since you have measured such high pressure, I think it is the oil pressure regulator, not the sensor. I would replace the oil pressure regulator."

Thanks for your advice, i thought this OPS sensor is only a switch, but if it also checks for high preasure then in this case It is possibility and will have to pull engine out and check oil preassure regulator

Last edited:
Before you got that far, have you looked at the oil filter. I would get a low oil pressure at higher rpms on one of my seadoo boat engines, when i backed off the throttle, the constant long beep went away. I took the filter out to find it collapsed inside the canister. That is a quick check you can do.

Before you got that far, have you looked at the oil filter. I would get a low oil pressure at higher rpms on one of my seadoo boat engines, when i backed off the throttle, the constant long beep went away. I took the filter out to find it collapsed inside the canister. That is a quick check you can do.
Thanks for reply, yes checked oil filter, changed to new one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back