Sea Doo Mechanic Needed - STL Or Springfield

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Long story short I am looking for a mechanic that know's his stuff and is available either in or around St.Louis or Springfield.

Ski: 97 GTX Sea Doo - 787 two stroke

The ski is currently located at table rock lake in Springfield Missouri but I can and might bring it home to STL soon.

Issue: Cant get the ski over 5k rpms in water. Out of water it runs/rev's to 7200 rpms no problem. It hits 4.5-5k rpms with half throttle engaged but wont get past that rpm range unless the ski gets out of the water either by being on a trailer or by hitting a wave.

The ski was just picked up from a shop that claims to be really good with two strokes, they held the ski for a month, scratched their heads and did not fix anything. They claimed it was an issue with the carbs which I had just freshly rebuilt using OEM parts but its been water tested and shocker its still an issue.

I can/will get into more details about everything I did or suspect with the ski but for now am just trying to see if there is anyone that actually know's how to work on these in either area. I refuse to take it to another shop that just throws parts at it or makes off the wall *bogus* assumptions about its issue and/or claims its fixed without even water testing it before charging and sending it on its way.

Anybody?!

Im calling around now but everyone seems sketched to even touch it if another shop couldnt figure it out. Really didnt want to tow it home and work on it again this winter.

Back