Sea-Doo 2012 GTI 155

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metic

Hello,

I purchased a 2012 GTI 155 last summer and it runs great. However, after I hit about 10 hrs, I noticed that the PWC started listing port side on some occasions about 10 degrees or so. Also, it you point the bow of the PWC towards a target, it pulls to the left. Most people would not noticed but I definitely do. Like I have read on other threads in this forum, this issue has been reported. I advised the dealer I bought the PWC and they refreshed the computer and said everything looked fine.

However, is there a way to adjust the "list" of the PWC manually or adjust the steering? Any advice would be great.

Thanks!

I have yet to read a true and genuine fix to this. Some have played with adjustable sponsons. I think the general consensus is a hull design issue.

As far as pulling left, you can adjust the steering cable so that the jet is more straight assuming it is off-center.

could this possibility be an opas issue? I'm just learning the 4tecs right now, so take this with a grain of salt....

It is a good point,,, They would only have to be off a small bit to create a lean. Though they travel mostly up and down where trim tabs are more horizontal, I could see how the OPAS could cause this. I would see if I could either get them to their high position, unplug them so they stay there, then see what happens.

Correct, I have the iControl System. I am going to try and locate the steering cables. Is there a tutorial or video that shows how to do this?

Not that I know of. My 08 does that occasionally but I noticed it only happens where there's a side wind. I usually have to turn into the wind slightly just to stay on course. Could that be the same problem you're having? It may not feel like a side wind because of the speed you're traveling it but its a possibility. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back