Sea Doo 180 Challenger 2008

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dlemek

I have owned this for a short time.My issue is as follows;Oil light on,alarm sounding, and operates in a limp mode.
I have replaced the oil pressure sensor, have had several good days on the water and now have the same issue.
Check out light on, limp mode, and alarm sounding.If I shut down the engine and restart the alarm will not sound. When I throttle up returns to problem limp mode and alarm and oil light.Thanks for any suggestions and recommendations.
Denis

Definitely make sure the oli level is correct (high or low), our boat was over filled when we bought it, this caused it to throw a couple codes, I replaced the oil pressure sending unit based on the codes and service manual and still the same issue. I then checked the oil level based on Sea Doos recommend method and found the oil level in both my engines WAY overfilled. So.... verify the oil level again following Sea Doos recommend method.

Hey GB, can you post the recommended method of checking the oil? My service manual doesn’t give much detail, my understanding is that when it’s floating in the water level, then check it… any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back