Rxt/x questions for new buyer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

chets ls3

hello everyone hopefully this site can provide me with some information;

Im after potentially a rxt or rxt-x 260 (2014 or 13 if I run across one)

things im after on the ski:

reboarding step (not on X)

depth finder (have to add on) has anyone done this through seadoo.

why does the X packagae that is 1200$ more not have a flippin reboarding step. I love the Viper red and hate the orange. Something else I cant wrap my head around is the storage. why does the rxt/x have 13-14 gallons and the gtr 215/rxp have 30. This makes for a PITA storage setup.

also I plan to add a small bilge setup and a stereo. now keep in mind I would be doing a kicker powersports setup that pulls around 5 amps and max of 10 amps. nothing crazy and not alot of power. thoughts on this?

hello everyone hopefully this site can provide me with some information;

Im after potentially a rxt or rxt-x 260 (2014 or 13 if I run across one)

things im after on the ski:

reboarding step (not on X)

depth finder (have to add on) has anyone done this through seadoo.

why does the X packagae that is 1200$ more not have a flippin reboarding step. To handle that beast I imagine they expect the driver to be in good shape...able to haul your azz outa the water w/o a stepI love the Viper red and hate the orange. Something else I cant wrap my head around is the storage. why does the rxt/x have 13-14 gallons and the gtr 215/rxp have 30. Might wanna recheck your info re the 215rxp's front storage capacity.This makes for a PITA storage setup.

also I plan to add a small bilge setup and a stereo. now keep in mind I would be doing a kicker powersports setup that pulls around 5 amps and max of 10 amps. nothing crazy and not alot of power. thoughts on this?

I'm of the mind...if I wanna hear someones music while on the water.....I'll ride in the boat with them. But, because I usually don't wanna hear someone else's idea of what's kick'n....I'll either let them listen to my exhaust as I go by...or I'll head the other way....no offense.

Reboarding step moreso for wife and kids when pulling.

And the music is just something by choice

You can add a step...if you got to.

The 260 t-x is a beast...a stock, ready to fly, beast. I'd love to have one...even consider trading in my oldnslo '05...I just couldn't see treating it the same way I treated mine the first coupla years...pullin tubes, skiers and assorted floaties for extended family.

As for the tune-age, sorry. Can't help. I couldn't hear any tunes on my ski unless I was in a no wake zone...and I try to stay outa those as much as possible.

Thought for sure some of the younger crowd here woulda stepped up and offered some audio advice. My bad

my buddy bought the 13 rxpx, and that's a beast, the rxt is that much bigger. but I like them.

music, i'm cool with it, actually when we rode with Swamp King during his tour last year he had tunes on the whole time, and had a decent play list. Doesn't bother me at all. I don't think its that difficult to install Audio, but prices vary, just make sure its a clean install, I like the setups where you just plug an ipod into a jack on the dash or in the glove, then control it with the pod. very clean installs.

I never saw the need for a depth finder, even down here where the water isn't so clear, and here's why. If the water is too shallow for my ski, I can know this just by looking down at the water, if I can see bottom, its too shallow (cheap & effective method). So unless your water is really really dark/cloudy, I can't see the point in a Depth finder myself. (at least for the way & places I ride)

I never saw the need for a depth finder, even down here where the water isn't so clear, and here's why. If the water is too shallow for my ski, I can know this just by looking down at the water, if I can see bottom, its too shallow (cheap & effective method). So unless your water is really really dark/cloudy, I can't see the point in a Depth finder myself. (at least for the way & places I ride)

My thinking re depth finders...by the time an alarm will sound for shallow water, ie :heart:'...it's too late. Where and when I don't know the water...I read topo's.

shit... if 3' was a concern, i'd never get out :)

we did about 60 miles on Thursday in the "flats" and I bet the average depth was 4' or less the whole trip. and that was within an hour of high tide, we ignore the flats during low tide (obviously)

shit... if 3' was a concern, i'd never get out :)

we did about 60 miles on Thursday in the "flats" and I bet the average depth was 4' or less the whole trip. and that was within an hour of high tide, we ignore the flats during low tide (obviously)

I waded and fished the flats around Ft DeSoto many years ago. Not many tree stumps or rocky shoals around there.

We have them here in all the shallow water...nuthin to take for granted. I never run shallow...especially when the lake is down a coupla feet. And I see that line every time I put in.

A duck hunter died on Lake Gaston /Kerr last year. His body was found a coupla days after his boat was found wrecked. Cops figure he hit a sunken tree stump while running in the dark. Never had a chance.

I had a factory depth sounder added when I baught my 2013 GTX and I like it. It works well.

Thanks for all the input guys. Idk I seen a buddy of mine do some damage in shallow water and I figure the money couldn't hurt for one. And sometimes the water is very dirty and hard to see. As far as the tunes. I'll be taking care of that with a very simple iPod setup and a small speaker setup. Once again that's a personal preference thing and just my personality and ability/experience as an installer with me wanting to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back