Rxp 215 top speed/running problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RemiMartelloni

Hey guys I currently have a 2006 seadoo rxp215,
It has no problem starting or idling, in or out of water, but when I get it to top speed after about 2 seconds the motor starts cutting out and loses all power immediately and the revs drop down to an idle, (if not it stalls completely) . if I let it idle for 10 seconds I can just get to top speed before it begins cutting out again !

Can anyone give me an indication on wtf is wrong with it?

Cheers

Almost anything _can_ cause that but for sure start with fuel, filter plugged, pump failing, inlet in tank plugged or tank vent plugged. Any of those will allow small fuel flow, enough for idle, but won't allow enough fuel flow for high speed operation. If you find it to be as simple as the filter (most likely) then you need to figure out why it plugged so bad or the next one may only last a few days.

I had to replace my In-tank filters on my boat, which uses the same type of pump. It would run, but start to cut out at high speed. Sounds like you're losing fuel pressure though, and it takes it a little time to build back up. Maybe your pump is going out. If it is your pump, you can replace just the pump and strainers without getting the whole assembly. Costs like 1/3 that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back