Rtx 260 Rotax with repair

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

adamtnorris83

So I got my seadoo from a guy and he said he got it got hot and died so he let it sit for almost a year once I got it the motor was locked up so I got it unlocked I think it was locked up due to rusted rings then I did a compression test and it was like nothing in all 3 cylinders I think the rings are stuck and that's why the compression is low I realize it doesn't look good but what are the odds it's ruined vs rusted stuck rings?

So I got my seadoo from a guy and he said he got it got hot and died so he let it sit for almost a year once I got it the motor was locked up so I got it unlocked I think it was locked up due to rusted rings then I did a compression test and it was like nothing in all 3 cylinders I think the rings are stuck and that's why the compression is low I realize it doesn't look good but what are the odds it's ruined vs rusted stuck rings?
Also I checked no stuck valves as far as I can tell

If you have a compression tester you can turn it into a leakage tester by adapting an air compressor to it , you can then find out if it's going through the crankcase or the valves.

My 2 cents..

It would be odd for all the rings to be rusted and the machine to be locked up from just an overheat.

I don't trust any seller for anything they tell me.

Some questions:

1.. What was the oil level?
2.. Did you evacuate and change the oil? What did it look like?
3.. What is the coolant level? What color is it?
4.. What did the plugs look like?
5.. When you did finally break it free did anything get ejected from any cyl?

My 2 cents..

It would be odd for all the rings to be rusted and the machine to be locked up from just an overheat.

I don't trust any seller for anything they tell me.

Some questions:

1.. What was the oil level?
2.. Did you evacuate and change the oil? What did it look like?
3.. What is the coolant level? What color is it?
4.. What did the plugs look like?
5.. When you did finally break it free did anything get ejected from any cyl?
The oil level was good but it is very milky I have not changed the oil yet i wanted to try to get compression before spending more money on it the plugs were out of it when I got it and they were rusty and when I broke it free I could not tell if there was anything in it previously as I filled the cylinders with myst oil to free the pistons when I turned it over after putting new fuel in it it seems to get fuel I got new plugs for it and turned it over to see what would happen it did not crank but I did notice a thin smoke coming from what seemed to be the muffler at the back interior of the hull I could not tell exactly where it came from just the general area

Okay so update I poured a little oil in each cylinder to try to get a bit more compression and sprayed a little starter fluid in the intake and was able to get it to run for about 2 seconds then it died I repeated this 3 times it died after 2 seconds each time I'm assuming because it blows the oil out then looses compression again if it were stuck rings would something like that free it up if I continued to try that a few more times I hate to do that because I know it's hard on the motor but next step it total rebuild

Why not post your compression and leakdown numbers for each cylinder? It might help others give you guidance.

Is coolant reservoir full and did you notice any bubbles in the coolant during the leakdown test?

have a 2015 seadoo 260 rxt and its leaking oil or burning oil excessively in number 2 cylinder, took to shop and was told it needs new engine, priced at 4500 to 5500. Feels like the problem could just be in top end but wanted to know if someone else has ran in to this before

Back