Royal Purple

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Using a different oil isn't going to make any noticable difference in hp and torque.

If you are using crap oil now, and then switched to a good synthetic, could you possibly get more hp and torque? Most likely yes. Would you be able to notice this difference? Most likely no.

I am strong believer that you should pick one oil and stick with it. I don't really have the option to venture off and try something though cause mine is superchared :(. I'm stuck travelling all over the place to try and get some BRP oil.

I guess I can't really answer your post because I have never used the stuff, was this post pointless? Quite possibly!

Matt

I have used it in my 06 Dodge Charger with a HEMI.... I switched back to Mobile 1 and saved a bunch of money cause it's not cheap. I didn't see any difference.

Karl

Do a mail order... the purple tuff tastes bad too...yuck!
The oil must meet the spec, but you can use any 4 stroke oil in spec. in your 4-tec. Just not synthetic in the super charged.
4 stroke oil that bears the API designations that are equal to or exceeds SG, SH or SJ. Your viscosity should be 10 W 40.

Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
Oil.....?

It seems the great oil debate of a year or so ago just never goes away. Someone is always asking about oil.........:rofl:

That's o.k., I like talking about it. And as most have noticed, I can fill up a page with words.

I think DCKD has a good point. Once you choose an oil, you should stick with it. Is it the same oil as the one you want to change to? Well, you have to ask a couple questions. First, it has to be within the minimum requirements of the API service classification and it's got to be the right viscosity. The biggest reason why people should stick with one oil is "Additives". The additives change a little from company to company. Most additives are detergents that keep oil deposits down and some even use PTFE to prolong bearing life.

If your PWC or boat uses the Rotax 1503 supercharged 4-TEC, you can use which ever brand you like (a major brand like Castrol or Vavoline, I'd hope) as long as it's a 4 stroke, 10 W 40 viscosity and an API classification of SG, SH or SJ. All motor oils put the API classification on the bottle/label so it should be easy to see. The most important thing though, once you switch, stick with it. Changing oils constantly will decrease the longevity of your bearings.

Remember, the SC and SCIC models use regular mineral oil.:cheers:

The Purple Stuff

I'm gonna use Royal Purple for my jet pump. Might as well cause i've still got it around from when i changed the ring and pinion oil on my motorcycle. As to why its purple idk. No one will see it, novelty i guess.

I have heard nothing but great things about Royal Purple. I don't know Karl how you can say you saved a ton of money switching to Mobile 1. That stuff is the most expensive oil around. No matter what if you are getting synthetic you need to be ready to spend $8-12/quart.

Royal Purple was $4.00 more per qt. than Mobil 1 at my local AutoZone where I get my car oil and filters from. I heard great things too...but for that much more and no real difference... I'll stick to the over priced Mobil 1 that I have always used.

Karl

Wow yeah that is insane that it was $4 more a quart. I would have bought the Mobil 1 too. Any true synthetic is expensive though!! Worth it in the end though.

Back