Rotary Valve Cover Machining Video

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
I spent some time today machining a couple of Rotary Valve Plates. I did 2 and both were from the 717 engines. I am finding that more and more of these covers have excessive wear. Be careful when buying one as you may purhase a cover that is out of spec and needs machining. I look at the amount of work I did and how long it took me and I'm not sure how much money someone would charge. It isn't just a simple cut across the sealing surface. The proper distances have to be maintained. I have a good time with stuff like this. I get to use my lather and the video gives people an opportunit to see how metal is removed and such.

If you have an issue starting your ski and everything else checks out this is something worth a check. I've found some valves BENT due to trying to start the ski with water inside the engine.

Machining Rotary Valve Cover 717 Engine

The stationary picture was after my first cut removing .010" I ended up taking .030" off.

Attachments

• Rotary Valve Machining  Photo 1.JPEG
    Rotary Valve Machining Photo 1.JPEG
    278.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Rotary Valve Machining 717 (2).JPEG
    Rotary Valve Machining 717 (2).JPEG
    376.2 KB · Views: 37
Spędziłem dzisiaj trochę czasu na obróbce kilku obrotowych płytek zaworowych. Zrobiłem 2 i oba były z 717 silników. Zauważam, że coraz więcej tych pokrowców ulega nadmiernemu zużyciu. Zachowaj ostrożność przy zakupie, ponieważ możesz kupić okładkę, która jest poza specyfikacją i wymaga obróbki. Patrzę na ilość pracy, którą wykonałem i jak długo mi to zajęło, i nie jestem pewien, ile pieniędzy ktoś by pobrał. To nie tylko proste cięcie w poprzek powierzchni uszczelniającej. Należy zachować odpowiednie odległości. Dobrze się bawię z takimi rzeczami. Używam mojej piany, a film daje ludziom możliwość zobaczenia, jak usuwa się metal i tak dalej.

Jeśli masz problem z uruchomieniem nart i wszystko inne się sprawdza, jest to coś, co warto sprawdzić. Znalazłem kilka zaworów WYGIĘTY, ponieważ próbowałem uruchomić nartę z wodą w silniku.

Obróbka pokrywy zaworów obrotowych 717 Silnik

Stacjonarne zdjęcie było po moim pierwszym cięciu usuwającym .010", skończyło się na tym, że zdjąłem .030".
Spędziłem dzisiaj trochę czasu na obróbce kilku obrotowych płytek zaworowych. Zrobiłem 2 i oba były z 717 silników. Zauważam, że coraz więcej tych pokrowców ulega nadmiernemu zużyciu. Zachowaj ostrożność przy zakupie, ponieważ możesz kupić okładkę, która jest poza specyfikacją i wymaga obróbki. Patrzę na ilość pracy, którą wykonałem i jak długo mi to zajęło, i nie jestem pewien, ile pieniędzy ktoś by pobrał. To nie tylko proste cięcie w poprzek powierzchni uszczelniającej. Należy zachować odpowiednie odległości. Dobrze się bawię z takimi rzeczami. Używam mojej piany, a film daje ludziom możliwość zobaczenia, jak usuwa się metal i tak dalej.

Jeśli masz problem z uruchomieniem nart i wszystko inne się sprawdza, jest to coś, co warto sprawdzić. Znalazłem kilka zaworów WYGIĘTY, ponieważ próbowałem uruchomić nartę z wodą w silniku.

Obróbka pokrywy zaworów obrotowych 717 Silnik

Stacjonarne zdjęcie było po moim pierwszym cięciu usuwającym .010", skończyło się na tym, że zdjąłem .030".

I spent some time today machining a couple of Rotary Valve Plates. I did 2 and both were from the 717 engines. I am finding that more and more of these covers have excessive wear. Be careful when buying one as you may purhase a cover that is out of spec and needs machining. I look at the amount of work I did and how long it took me and I'm not sure how much money someone would charge. It isn't just a simple cut across the sealing surface. The proper distances have to be maintained. I have a good time with stuff like this. I get to use my lather and the video gives people an opportunit to see how metal is removed and such.

If you have an issue starting your ski and everything else checks out this is something worth a check. I've found some valves BENT due to trying to start the ski with water inside the engine.

Machining Rotary Valve Cover 717 Engine

The stationary picture was after my first cut removing .010" I ended up taking .030" off.
Maybe you repaired the surfaces on the engine in this way ???

Attachments

• 20211015_174952.jpg
    20211015_174952.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 15
It could be repaired though it would be tedious. The groove would need to be welded first. A better path would be to purchase a good used engine casing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back