Rotary valve and cover

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! Getting ready to install a new SBT 717 engine. I'm concerned about the condition of the rotary valve cover and valve. It doesn't feel like there are deep grooves just light scratches. I am concerned about the gouges on the edge of one of the ports though. Also, is the valve supposed to be completely flat? You can see in the photo that one side of the valve is bent up slightly. Is this correct?? My gut tells me to order all new cover and valve. What do y'all think? Thanks.

IMG_9690.JPG
114.jpg
115.jpg
116.jpg
117.jpg

Yes, they appear smooth and if there are no major gouges In the rest of the cover it will be fine for a stock 717. In the shop manual there is a wear measurement for the RV cover bit from the pics I think you are fine.

That cover looks worn out too. Can you feel a ridge around the edge of the RV cover surface? Make sure you check the clearance.

Chester

That cover looks worn out too. Can you feel a ridge around the edge of the RV cover surface? Make sure you check the clearance.

Chester

They are more shallow scratches. Nothing deep. Can the surface be honed down? My son works at a machine shop. Only concern is the gouges on either side of one of the holes.

It will have to be resurfaced then. Make sure the machinist also machines down the mounting surface and the O-ring groove to bring the clearance to .012" +/- .002".

Chester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back