Rossier Pipe Performance kit for the 787

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Matt Braley

Premium Member
Premium Member
I have put back together a kit to add performance and tone to your 787 powered Seadoo. I have the introductory/promotional magazine ad but I have also run this pipe myself. It gives an honest improvement while still being reliable and pump gas friendly.

My offer includes the complete Rossier 787 pipe, Rossier jet kit for your dual carbs, MSD rev limiter and timing component for your ebox(95-96 models only), and a set of twist-lock ProK flame arrestors new in the box. $500 shipped.

I will trade, give endless advice and even help you install if you come to me

Attachments

• photo 2(20).JPG
    photo 2(20).JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 156
  • photo 1(18).JPG
    photo 1(18).JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 152
  • photo 3(10).JPG
    photo 3(10).JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 152
  • photo(125).JPG
    photo(125).JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 163
Holy cow dude you're awesome, I've been looking for decent information on running a Rossier pipe since I read the article in the GroupK archives; and you come out with a complete kit, with advice!!
:thumbsup:
I already have the ProK arrestors so what's the deal for the kit minus them?

So this is a complete drop in kit that has the right carb jets and everything necessary to tune the exhaust?
And the ignition module can adjust the ignition's timing, not just rev limit, right?

I feel $400 is a little high since I just paid $150 for the same filters with prefilters, but I understand shipping a tuned pipe isn't cheap

I would sell these filters for $100 shipped. I value the MSD at $100 because it works well with all the pipes though it was designed for and came with the Rossier. I paid $40 for the jet kit but know that I know what size they are I could save half of that. I wouldn't give up the pipe for less than $300 but that's not shipped cause yeah, it will be about $40 shipping and paypal fees to me.

The jets that are in the pipe worked great for me. The pipe came from the Big Red Racing team so they had some good tuners. If you wanted to change it they are just high speed Mikuni carb jets(one under the fitting and one in the stinger.

Got it out today USPS. You should see it by Monday. Let me know when you have any questions. Thanks again

Fantastic, I'll install it with a silicone exhaust hose kit from Westside powersports when that comes in, along with a 97 spx waterbox.
I have a 787x engine in the 95 xp800 this is for, so would the larger ports and displacement change the tuning significantly?

Ohh yeahh I know it, and all on pump gas!
I'm hoping to really give Nick Cairns a challenge with it in the Great Lakes Watercross Racing series this summer, should be some great fun!
FPP spec 2 on race gas vs this pump gas setup

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoot bud I didn't know what we were up against. His wave jumper and his black boat are both very capable and he has a monster in the works.

My racing starts here next weekend and I am also taking them on with a pump gas 787. I may get some better fuel but I've set it up on 93. For me my own endurance has been more of a factor then anything. I can get to 60 fast, just need to hang on.

A pump gas Rossier is not gonna outrun a race fuel Spec 2 so your gonna have to wear him down. That reminds me that I should be exercising in stead of sitting here with this computer in my lap.

You know I just thought that you guys might be running against the Neptune X4 I just sold a guy from Mi......it's FAST!!!

Haha yeah, I know he should be much faster with everything he's got on his skis, all I can do now is lose weight and run the bouys better and the extra power should help.

I regularly go out and ride hard for an entire tank of gas, and I guess being 18 helps too, so I can last but winter has taken its toll, I need tons of practice to be sharp out there.

I wasn't sure if you raced too, I'm glad you do though so we both understand what its like. Best of luck with your upcoming races!

There was another guy with an x4 who raced a couple rounds, he was very fast but I don't know what his setup was; it beat Nick every time the rider had a clean race though

Hey Matt, I want to let you know the kit was delivered today, I'll have to pick it up at the post office Monday though.
I don't have everything else I want to put in with the pipe yet so I'm not sure when I'll start putting it together. Probably will start a new thread for the install though.

MSD pn 42581

I can't find any info on the rev/timing module in this kit, no instructions from MSD and the part number doesn't bring anything up. (however pn 4258 does, but is not the same module)

Its very similar to the micro touch Seadoo 800 limiter but uses dip switches to change settings, and I have no idea what its set at now. You've used it so do you know how the switches change rev limit and timing, or what it is set at now?

I'm too much a mess here to find which pdf file it is. I know I have it somewhere but here is how to get it. Call MSD Powersports today. It must be the Powersports dept because those other race car guys don't know what a Seadoo 800 is. They are super helpful and will shoot you over the file. Let me know if you have any issues with that.

Okay I hope you're still following this,
I got the kit installed and I had a "few" problems with it while riding today . . . I think I leaned it out and it was seizing from heat so now it turns over (at about 500rpm) but will not start.

If that is the case then your plugs will look grey instead of chocolate brown. You should be able to lay your hands on everything without having to pull them off right away. Are you sure the water routing is right? Did you put the 145 jet in the rear carb?

Yep, I put the 145 in the PTO carb and a 142.5 in the mag carb, but I used 70 pilot jets. Water routing should be ok, I used the original water regulator instead of hard jetting the waterbox

I'm not sure how that is gonna work with the water regulator. Originally it fed an injection fitting that the Rossier pipe does not have.

That's true, and it took a while to clear out the waterbox in a holeshot, what would you use for jetting the water box?

Just wanted to make a little update on how this pipe worked out for me:
I did have to rebuild the top end but that failure was due to a lack of oil from the injection pump, not the pipe or jetting.
So now it's set up right and is a fantastic performer, adding a jet works valve to the waterbox made the bottom end way better;

However, it has an issue where it reaches ~6850 rpm and will stay there but surges up to ~7200 occasionally. I believe it's an ignition issue in the stator or magneto pickup, since the regulator/rectifier checked out fine (13.8 volts while running), the fuel selector is bypassed and the sparkplugs look great. Maybe some water got in the stator housing?

Back