RivaRacing.com's kits

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pcm061000

Hey guys,

My name's Philip and I'm new to the forum and to be honest don't know much about sea-doo's. I've been riding my grandpa's since I was 7 or 8 so I know how to have fun on one, but thats about it. I'm 20 years old and am looking to purchase an 08-09 RXP-X 255, but I'm going to want to modify it before summer. I've looked into possibly getting RivaRacing.com's stage II kit. Hopefully, it'll be out soon. I was just wondering if any of you have used any of their kits before. Or if there is a better one or not. Are their parts reliable? How hard are these things to install? etc.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Rxp!

You have the RXP, top of the line, 255 hp supercharged motor capable of 70+ mph and you want to mod it?.............do me a favor, fall of this thing at WOT as if you were going to wipe out on it, hit the water at 70, then come back and ask that question.

BTW...remember, you shorten engine life when you mod.:ack:

Mr Snipe, I think I can shed some light on this phenomenon!

When you are 7-8 yrs old, at grandpa's and have to walk 500' down the driveway, to the pond, it is a long ways. Then, when you come home, to grandpa's after growing up, that pond is tiny, and the distance gets much smaller.

This guy grew up on PWC. He was terrified, by the speed, when he first talked big brother, and gradnpa into allowing him to go for a ride by himself. Now, that he is all "growed up, an haird over" the thrill is gone....
And, he is still seeking the thrill!

I am not saying that this is good, or bad, just commenting on the mechanism!

Too funny!

Nate

Nothing to do with performance

I'm just asking for some advice from someone who knows anything about their products. I don't recall asking for anyone's opinion on why i should or shouldn't modify it. I'm going to modify it for personal reasons. It has nothing to do with top speed, acceleration, handling, or my ego. So if anyone knows anything about RivaRacing.com stage II kits I'd appreciate some insight as to how hard these things are to install, durability, etc.

Thanks

Knowledge?.......

In your first post, you say you are new and don't know much about Seadoo's. Not to sound sarcastic, but you obviously don't. The RIVA stage mod kits have been the number one mod kits on the market for some years now.

As for how hard they are to install. You have a high performance, 4-TEC, supercharged engine. This is the equivalent of working on a Corvette or Ferrari.........so, if you think your good enough to tune this motor after these mods, then have fun.

Oh, you'll need a computer, a VCK (vehicle communication kit) and the B.U.D.S. (bombardier utility diagnostic software) because after modding with the stage II, you'll probably need to advance the timing or make adjustments to the fuel system.............:cheers:

Thanks a lot, I wasn't lying when i said nothing about sea doos haha...but i'm eager to learn about them, which i think requires getting my hands dirty. I appreciate your advice, but how hard are these things to install???...because I know from experience that modding a car isn't always the easiest thing because you almost have to take the car apart in some cases.

Thanks again

Wheel........

I read about that new tubine wheel too joel........seems the quickest way to mod for the extra power. The one I was looking at had a price tag of $189. So, if you decide to mod the supercharger, shop around. Going that route, I'd also do a bearing and washer change out. I think there is a small problem in theory changing the boost pressure. Most of these systems are set up with a maximum boost. They have a "pop-off" system to keep from over pressurizing your induction system. But what it's set at, I don't know. If you see an advertisement for you to increase your boost pressure, the makers got to know this and have probably already compensated or give you insturctions on what to look for in your system to keep it from being charge to high. I'd be worried about blowing gaskets etc.....If you ever watched drag racing, you'll see where they put straps over these babies because they can charge so much boost, that you can blow them right off the engine!

The RIVA stage kit mods are #1 because they give you the right combination of equipement with changes that work with each other, rather than against and come with all the instructions for you to make these changes on your own.

Changing the settings in your engine managment system isn't necessary following their instrutions. Their kits are expensive for the extra ponies your going to get, but if it's what you want to do, then I'd say go with RIVA!:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes adding boost is the quickest wat to gain hp, and they do state that you need to change the injectors and add a RRFPR. also with that much boost id change out the ecu to a riva one or rotaxracing one. Oh Also riva is VERY well known for moding seadoo 4 tec's and from what ive read and heard they are reliable systems

Last edited by a moderator:
We asked the same thing....

My question exactly. All he said was that he was going to do it, after we asked why he wanted to mod a high performance, supercharged 255 horsepower engine?...........seems kinda strange because after he sinks over a housand in mods, he may get an extra 5 mph............just not worth it. And as your vid shows, at higher speeds, these things become very unstable.:cheers:

Only reason it bounces like that is cause of the bigger pump on the rxp-x, 215hp rxp doesnt have the problem. It alot easyer to mod a 215hp rxp, smaller pump makes it easyer to get higher speeds. Rxp(215) with stage 2 riva has 240hp and is faster then a stage 1 rxp-x

.......I see

Yes, but he already has the 255 hp and wants to mod it. So far, RIVA is only producing the stage one kit for this engine. In the stage one kit, you kit a few high performance parts (filter, intake grate, impeller, pump wedge, and pro nozzle) for about $1200 bucks that may speed the craft up a few more miles per hour, but won't really increse the horse power.

The stage II kit isn't available yet, but I'll be curious as to what their going to add to it that's going to change the performance of this engine to make it faster, than it already is.

The stage one kit only states that it will get you to top end faster, it doesn't say that you will actually go faster than the designed top end for the 255. I would love to ride one of those things. I bet its a smoker!........Probably a bit scary doing 70 mph on top of the water.

Hey guys I was at the lake this wknd and I appreciate yall's input, I haven't bought the rxp-x 255 yet, but thats the one that caught my eye because of the 255 stock ponies. I'm strongly considering buying one and modding it not just to make the best better than it already is, but also to learn about waverunner engines and also have the fun of installing the parts with my dad. I don't know what they have in store for stage II on the 08-09s but based on their past stage II kits...are these just bolt on parts with a competent instruction manual????, or am I really going to have to really know my stuff to install one of these. My grandpa knows more about them than I do, but he's never modded one before. Because of medical problems, I've been given a window of opportunity before I return to school and do nothing but study and I just wanna make sure I make the absolute most of it. What would you guys do?

Possibly a new plan here

after seeing the 06 and 07 RXP 215's, my eyes popped outta my head. So like a typical 20 year old I might have changed my mind and put the currently available stage II on either of those. What you think I could get a nice 06 or 07 for? And again can I install these things, on my own. I have no mechanical experience on seadoos but I'm very good at following directions.

Expensive......

These bikes are pretty expensive. I'm not sure what you'd get a slightly used one for..........but you have some things to look for in a used bike. The supercharger was originally designed with ceramic slip washers. These have been known to disentigrate and cause damage. So, you'll want to know if the previous owner made the change.

The mod kits are suppose to be bolt on. They come with instructions, but in most cases, some special tools are needed to do the job. The most important of the stage II kits are in the pump. Adding the different degree impeller (Concord, I believe), pump wedge and power nozzle. The couple mods on the engine will include the exhaust system and air induction.

With some mechanical know how, someone behind you to explain things (your grandfather) and a hard desire to learn and be patient..........you can do it.:cheers:

I have 200 hours on my "modded" machine it doesnt hurt the engine LOL, these engines are tough SOBs, sure you can mess up and float a valve but thats why they made the valve train upgrade. Most of the mods are bolt on and pretty simple, I had never worked on anything other than waxing my car and now well I modded mine, my Girlfriends, Some other fellow riders and the knowledge I learned helped me fix more traditional older problems on my friends.

the biggest gaines are SC upgrades and External Intercooler and with those you need different pitch props to go with each increase in HP

how much hp are u getting out of a stage III? and what reliability parts other than getting rid of the ceramic washers would be a good buy. I'm not really concerned with top speed as much as acceleration, but I know the stage III's are getting 10.5 psi boost, but require you spending another 2-3 grand on fuel injectors, ecu, valve train upgrade etc. When you installed your stage III what were the harder things to install?

How hard is it to change the valves?I have ripped motors apart befor, ive done a couple secret cam swaps on on Gm's 2.4L twincam befor.

im at around 300+ Hp producing 14lbs boost, all stage III except SC which is a B-Kit hence the signature Stage III-B
Valve train upgrade not that difficult at all, Remember I have never done anything mechanical and I pulled it off

im at around 300+ Hp producing 14lbs boost, all stage III except SC which is a B-Kit hence the signature Stage III-B
Valve train upgrade not that difficult at all, Remember I have never done anything mechanical and I pulled it off
Nice man... whats the top speed on it???

no the Supercharger is whats called a b-kit which produces more boost than the riva stage III supercharger
other than that it is basically a riva stage III

Stage III B-Kit are you just talking about the ECU, where 2006 is B and 07 is C?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back