RFI Fuel Tank Electrical Connector

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
I tried DE-Oxit on this plug but it seems it is shorted internall. The fuel pump canister is working. Any idea where I can find this electrical plug?? This is a 2004 Seadoo GTI RFI.

RFI Fuel pump Electrial plug (2).JPG

RFI Fuel pump Electrial plug (1).JPG

Fuel Pump Info2.jpg

I do not know of sources for the connector but in your pictures it looks like there is the conductive grease on the pins to protect them. Make sure the grease is not causing the short.

It might be difficult to see in the pictures but there is green oxidation toward the back of the plug. I used Deoxit, scrubbed as good as I could get to, a little emery paper (gently). I let the Deoxit soak overnight and the problem has not improved.

Kind of OFF-Topic and on a side note with your reference to conductive grease. I have done research concerning Dielectric grease that is in just about every Seadoo electrical plug. That grease will not conduct electricity. My contention is that being a non-conductor it may hamper the connections inside the plugs. There is some debate about this. Personally for me, I clean all of that crap out of there and only use the dielectric grease on the sealing surface of the plug (rubber gasket) and not on the plugs themselves. I don't think my philosophy agrees with Seadoo's reasoning. But it just seem sot me that a worn plug that is not making good contact having the grease on there would make it worse. I'm still close to the fence on this decision. Ha ha.

As usual I can't believe the prices people want for old used parts. I'll keep calling them greedy criminals. I think people should be more friendly and helpful to one another but so many want top $$ for everything. Touchdowns everyone. I'll post my findings.

It looks like such a simple plug. There must be 4 straight leads going through to the 4 on the other side. If you check it out with an ohmmeter can you tell which leads are shorted? Maybe you can cut the plug open aa a seam and remove anything that shorting a couple of the leads.

The two that are shorted are for the fuel sending unit. I agree, I may have to cut this open and do some improvising but I'll check my parts pile first. I priced the fuel module and even broken and not working they are almost $100. People are so dang greedy !!

Back