rev limiter

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ponsford26

hi all i have a 1999 gtx 951cc ive replaced the plugs and cleaned the rave valves now i think its hitting the rev limiter on full thottle it was fine before i cleaned the vavles and changed the plugs hope someone can help

thanks

Rev's...

hi all i have a 1999 gtx 951cc ive replaced the plugs and cleaned the rave valves now i think its hitting the rev limiter on full thottle it was fine before i cleaned the vavles and changed the plugs hope someone can help

thanks

I can only hope it's hitting the rev limiter with the ski in the water...

Hitting the rev limiter isn't anything real important. It means you have some wear in something but the rev limiter is doing it's job.

A lot of times, when you start to wear at the impeller wearing ring, your motor has the ability to over turn due to the loss of torque at the nozzle.

It's not anything to really be over concerned about, if in fact, you are hitting your limiter........:cheers:

Check your impeller and wear ring. If they are damaged, you will get cavitation that allows the engine to rev higher and the top speed will be slower. You will lose performance throughout the power band. Also, you get less effective cooling through the engine from aerated water being pumped through it.
If everything is stock, your RPMs should be at 6750 - 6850 RPM. Anything higher is a sign of cavitation and loss of thrust.

Chester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back