Returning Member - Have some questions regarding 2008 Challenger 180

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdMiller76

Hello all. I am a returning member. I took almost 2 years off from the boating world due to financial difficulties and havent been on the forums since. My 2008 Seadoo challenger with only 10 hours on it sat in my driveway for a while. I am now ready to get it ready for this summer. My mechanic is about to come and dewinterize it and repair my speed sensor. I am also looking to get a new impeller because I damaged mine a bit the last season I had it out. My questions are:

1. Is there anything new out there for my boat that may improve performance, sound or looks?

2. Are there any more known issues with this boat? I had the washers on the spercharger replaced already.

3. What should I look for in a replacement impeller?

Thank you
Ed

Welcome!!!!

For perfomance, I would leave it stock except maybe an impeller. For a good thread on the impeller for the 180 read this post.

http://seadooforum.com/showthread.php?t=23840&highlight=impeller&page=2

As far as looks, you can never go wrong with Hydro Turf. I also am a strong believer in a good audio system.
Thank you RFoster. I am going to look into the impeller. Are there any performance chips that you know of for this model? How about any Exhaust mods? I would like it to improve the sound some if possible. As far as the stereo, I had issues with the stock head unit broke the first time I took it out and had it replaced. The antenna sucks so I put in an after market antenna. But I think I definetly need to step it up. Have you installed any subs or amp? If so how and where? Thanks

You dont see people do a lot of performance mods. Sea Doo does a good job really of squeezing the most out of these engines already. To get more you decrease the reliability.

I dont have the same boat. I have a 16ft speedster but I have done a pretty extensive audio project. It is really easy. I added 4 speakers, 2 subs, an amp, remote on the swim platform and a 2nd battery. There are tons of tips in the modify section.

45.jpg

You dont see people do a lot of performance mods. Sea Doo does a good job really of squeezing the most out of these engines already. To get more you decrease the reliability.

I dont have the same boat. I have a 16ft speedster but I have done a pretty extensive audio project. It is really easy. I added 4 speakers, 2 subs, an amp, remote on the swim platform and a 2nd battery. There are tons of tips in the modify section.

45.jpg
That looks great. Your a firefighter I assume? 18 years I have been a volunteer. What speakers did you use? Did you pack anything in behind the speakers? How did you wire up the second battery?

Yeah I am. Been doing it 15 years, 13 full time. It is a nice perk to be able to bring the boat to work and work on it.

I used Kicker speakers. You can use any of the better brands as long as you stick to marine rated stuff. It is mostly personal preference. I cut the holes and bolted the speakers in. No reason to pack anything in there. There is actually foam flotation panels in there that had to be cut away.

For the battery, I just swapped out the switch for one that does battery 1, battery 2, both or off. It was really easy and you can see how I did it here.

http://seadooforum.com/showthread.php?t=30749&highlight=2nd+battery

I like to help a lot with mods so if you have any questions just ask. I dont know the Challenger 180 as well but can help with most general stuff.

45.jpg

Nice looking boat. What color / type of hydro turf is that: dark or light gray???

How does Hydro Turf come? A sheet you cut out your own shape and size or as a kit already made for your boat? What do you use to apply it? I like that look. my Challenger has the stock carpet in it but I like the look of that Turf better. Where can I find it?

It comes either way. You can gt it in a kit already cut for your boat or you can buy it by the sheet and make your own. Then you can get it with the 3M adhesive already applied or without it. I highly recommend the kit with the 3M. It is very easy to put on. Peel the back off and lay it down.

IF you click on the PWCmuscle.com banner at the top of this page you can buy from them. They give us 15% off. The kit will run you about $300.

Thnaks again. Thats not bad at all. And no problems with the pads coming up even in high heat or direct sunlight softening up the glue pad?

Not at all. Once you stick it down you are good to go do anything pretty much. I have had it down 2 seasons and it still looks brand new.

c180 is a great boat. I'm biased of course. The audio system is my next mod.good luck cheers

Attachments

• IMG_4357.jpg
    IMG_4357.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4287.jpg
    IMG_4287.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 19
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back