Removing Supercharger 07 Challenger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerOne

07 Challenger 180. I just removed the bolts on my supercharger and started to slide out the unit. The side of the unit is hitting on the black muffler, Im working from the service manual and it says nothing about moving the muffler forward to allow the removal of the supercharger. Any tricks to doing this? Thanks and yes I know its a silly question. Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_1649.jpeg
    IMG_1649.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1648.jpeg
    IMG_1648.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 52
Try removing the muffler strap and see if you can move the muffler out of the way enough to remove the SCer. If that doesn't give you enough room, try removing the top hose into the muffler.

Try removing the muffler strap and see if you can move the muffler out of the way enough to remove the SCer. If that doesn't give you enough room, try removing the top hose into the muffler.

OK I guess I was trying to be to gentle:) Its finally off I had to remove the strap from the muffler, undo the 4 hose clamps on the exhaust pipe to muffler, disconnect the rubber hose from the muffler, disconnected the two top hoses on the exhaust pipe, and loosened the clamp on the exhaust pipe. Do you think I have to disassemble the exhaust pipe complete to make sure of a good seal or do you think tightening back up is fine. Thanks again for all your help, next time I will be able to help others!

I don't think you need to disassemble the exhaust pipe, but do make sure everything is snug and not leaking. Run her on the hose and rev the motor a bit to confirm you have everything sealed up properly. An exhaust leak is usually detectable by ear or visibly by water leaks near the clamps and fittings.

When you take her out for your 1st trip after the SCer swap, make sure to check everything while on the water (also bring tools in case you need to tighten anything). When you get home, give everything a once over and tighten the clamps and fittings once more to make sure everything is nice and solid.

Yep, as you found out....just remove the exhaust and get it out of your way. Much easier than tearing up your knuckles and losing your religion trying to get the SCs out with the exhaust still connected. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back