Removing bolt from battery assembly base- advice needed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

LKGseadoo

I’m trying to remove the battery cage. 1 bolt came out as it should. The other bolt can be turned with a socket but it doesn’t release from the battery assembly base. I can feel the bolt spinning with my finger. I guess whatever the bolt screws into inside of the base assembly has broken loose and is turning with the bolt and thus the bolt won’t screw out. Any ideas on how to solve getting the bolt out?

If you can’t secure the bolt head with prying a flat screwdriver under the head, or using pliers, you probably need to remove the whole cage. You will likely need to secure the bolt somehow to reinstall too.

Another idea is cut the nut and bolt off or the head off with a drill using a metal cut off disk, but then you have to get a new bolt installed. You might try mixing mix up some JB weld epoxy and smear it around the bolt head where it touches the cage - wait until dry the next day, and try to remove the nut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back