Removal of Sea-Doo IS deck

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Jcav260

Not much information on the Internet about removing the IS deck (body of the ski) so you can access the motor! Or tilt it up ? I just bought a 2012 RXT is260 wondering if anyone has taken the body off or tilted it up. Thanks in advance

I lift it off in about two hours , not easy and a pain in the ass
It’s in the manual send me an email on gary_garnett@yahoo.com and I’ll get an access to a manual tomorrow
Disconnect battery
Remove seat assembly
Under the two forward foot well pads is 6 bolts each side need a piece of wood under the fittings below top decks
After upper deck link attachment 4 bolts each side , tie link up to grap rail but mark location of the fittings before removing
Below seat attachment think there’s 6 bolts

Lift top deck up and disconnect two electrical connectors through front storage
Disconnect steering cable eye end under forward lcd gauge cover
Disconnect steering cable attachment under steering column through front stowag area lift top deck for more access and have handle bar in full down tilt
1569606167146.jpeg
1569606237897.jpeg

I just emailed you ! Thanks for all the information and the pics were great , I’m going to be starting this in a few weeks ,thanks again

I made up two wooden planks to lift it at the front stowage box area and one for the area below the seat
I then lift it off at the two points as I am a one man team
I am not at home so can’t send you the pics of the wooden planks I made

Hey Gazzaskirepair...if you have time, you can also send me pictures and instructions?

Back