Recommendation for Reputable Mechanic South Houston

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Does anyone know of someone that works on Sea Doos in South Houston / League City area that they might recommend. I have replaced 3 or 4 batteries in my GTX RFI now and it has finally ocurred to me that there must be some kind of charging problem going on. I've contacted Word Cycle (now known as Team Mancuso at Exit 12 in LaMarque) they have just recently lost their mechanic and are backed up for at least a month. I have also used Kustom Kolors in the past and they are also slow - but then I guess it's the season and the reason why repairs don't happen to quickly.

Thanks

Team Mancuso also has a shop up on 59 just inside the beltway on the southwest side. Big shop. Call and see if they have anyone available.

Where is Kustom Kolors? Never heard of them.

Also, try Brazos Motorsports in Brazoria. They programmed my first DESS key, and didn't charge me for it. Later found out that is usually a $50 job. Only experience I have had with them becuase I do my own work on my stuff.

Kustom Kolors is on highway 288 - if you want Bikes, Boats, ATV's Skis, etc. customized they do an awesome job. Thanks for the information - I'm bummed .. seems as though I have been spinning my wheels on this same problem for a couple of years now .. I wanna RIDE !!!

Hmmm...I work on Old Chocolate Bayou road, it turns into Cullen when it crosses 518. Never seen Kustom Kolors, and I must be driving right by it when I get my boat from storage at work, and head up Cullen toward Beltway 8 to go to lake Houston.

Unless it is north of Beltway 8. :confused:

I will be heading up that way in the next couple of days. They have a bunch of junk yards in that area and I need to find some car parts. I will look out for Kustom Kolors when I am out there.

South Houston Mechanic

I'm brand new to the forums, but it seems I've run into the same problem of finding a reputable mechanic on the south side of Houston that's not totally backed up right now.

I just purchased 2 GTXs (2001 and 2002 models) and was hoping to get them checked out and on the water before summer ended. They both have <60 hrs on them but have been sitting for over a year. They seemed to run fine on the trailer but only the 02 would run on the water. I expect the 01 might need a carb job based on looking at the screw-on filter, but I'm waiting on an evaluation from Kustom Kolors at the moment.

I have a friend that recommended Brazos Motorsports, but I chose Kustom Kolors because of their proximity to my home in Friendswood and because I saw a couple of good reviews about them on the web (I also used to pass their shop on my way to work when I lived in Pearland...it's not on Cullen by the way but just east off of Cullen on Brookside...it can be a little tricky to find if you don't know the area). The problem is that they are currently still backed up a month and their mechanic highly recommends that I not risk burning up an engine by taking either of them out until they have been thoroughly checked out.

I initially considered tackling the job myself (with the help of the forums), but the kids are a bit anxious (OK...maybe I am too) since school starts soon, so I was hoping for possibly a quicker (but reliable) alternative as well.

I would certainly appreciate any additional information that you may have come across since the last post. I will try to make a point of posting back with my experience for future reference, either way.

Thanks

I've used Kustom Kolors on and off for the past several years and have always been happy with their work. They do get backed up during the season though.

Back