Recommendation for Jet Pump Rebuilder

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pincusa

This years winter project is to get both pumps rebuilt. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a place to send them? I have all the equipment to rebuild them, but am lacking the Sea Doo pieces to press the new bearings in. Anyone have a name of someone they've used in the past?

I plan to send the props to SBT for exchange. One is a little chewed up. Is SBT what everyone uses or is there another place? I really don't want to buy new ones unless the price is really right.

Thanks!

You really can do this your self with a little know how. Do you have a Seadoo Manual? You might want to become a premium member and download a seadoo manual from out library. It goes into detail on the pump and lots of other issues...the repair shops all use the same manual. Click on the "Manual" link at the top for details. We are always here to help too if you get in a bind.

Karl

Bearings.........

I've changed several of these bearings in pumps. Like Karl said, it isn't that hard. The most important part is to make sure you have the correct measurements in both radial bearings before you put it back together.

Send them to me!.....I'll rebuild them for you. I'd probably be the cheapest labor you could find. You said your sending the impellers in for replacement. You need to check the clearance on your impeller wearing ring before you disassemble. Because if your doing all this work, it may be advantageous to go ahead and replace the wearing ring while they are out!..........:cheers:

You really can do this your self with a little know how. Do you have a Seadoo Manual? You might want to become a premium member and download a seadoo manual from out library. It goes into detail on the pump and lots of other issues...the repair shops all use the same manual. Click on the "Manual" link at the top for details. We are always here to help too if you get in a bind.

Karl

Thanks Karl!
I do have the manuals, and have been reading though how to replace the bearings (though the manual totally leaves out the section on how to press them out!)
I have a full shop at the house, so the work doesn't scare me. But having read the manual and looked at the pumps, I realize I don't want to replace the bearings without the correct tools to press the new bearings in to the right depth. I think those thust bearings really need to be set correctly.

I've changed several of these bearings in pumps. Like Karl said, it isn't that hard. The most important part is to make sure you have the correct measurements in both radial bearings before you put it back together.

Send them to me!.....I'll rebuild them for you. I'd probably be the cheapest labor you could find. You said your sending the impellers in for replacement. You need to check the clearance on your impeller wearing ring before you disassemble. Because if your doing all this work, it may be advantageous to go ahead and replace the wearing ring while they are out!..........:cheers:

Wear rings are also on the list of things to do. They're slightly out of spec, but look OK. But I want to do deal with the pumps once, and know that they're done and right.

I'm interested in sending them to you. Question is do you have the sea doo looks to press the bearings in to the correct depth? What do you normally charge for a pump rebuild?
Shoot me a PM if you'd like

So far I've replaced one engine, totally rebuilt the carbs, installled a new set of fuel pumps, installed way to many helicoils (I guess the previous owner was an over torque instead of locktight kinda guy) and now rebuilding the pumps. All this and I've never had the boat in the water!!! Just bought it in Oct. I really hope it floats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back