Recommend Hull Repair Needed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TJoe

Hi I have a 2018 GTI SE 130 (very first Jet ski owned) that unfortunately got a little roughed up battling with a rock. (see attached)

I'm thinking of repairing with WaterWeld Epoxy Putty- the depth of the scratches is minimal. I think I will need some sort of gel cote finish on top of that or something black and glossy?. My husband was driving but I'm the handy wife that will be doing the repair. He would really like to stay out of the doghouse and therfore would appreciate any and all recommendations.

Thanks in Advance

Attachments

• IMG_5154.JPG
    IMG_5154.JPG
    254.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5155.JPG
    IMG_5155.JPG
    250.7 KB · Views: 23
  • WaterWeld.JPG
    WaterWeld.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 20
Doesn't look too deep so you should just use gel coat without any filler. Lots of similar gel coat repairs on you tube. It will sand and polish out and be barely visible if done properly.

You can buy the exact color and repair kits from Gelkoat Intl which is who supplies the gel coat to seadoo for all of their manufacturing. If it's just black, you can use pretty much any high quality black gel coat.

Doesn't look too deep so you should just use gel coat without any filler. Lots of similar gel coat repairs on you tube. It will sand and polish out and be barely visible if done properly.

You can buy the exact color and repair kits from Gelkoat Intl which is who supplies the gel coat to seadoo for all of their manufacturing. If it's just black, you can use pretty much any high quality black gel coat.
Thanks you for the information. After many hours of watching videos and reaserching about wax, no wax color pigment, adding catalyst, how to apply, etc I'm going to be brave and try to attempt this! So far I have come up with this product:

1647178184883.png
It's a little more expensive repair than I was hoping for but what I have learned from owning this Seadoo is everything cost a little more than expected but the joy of riding is soooo worth the cost!

Please advise if this product is not what I should be using, if there is a better product, or if I would need to purchase some addition product to go with this.

Also, If you know of any particularly good videos or articles that would be of help to me please send the link(s).

Thanks for your help..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back