Rear boarding problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

yachtnutz

Problem I have is using the rear boarding step on my 2019 GTX 300 limited it's hard for me to do. I'm kind of big at 6'4 275 I'm a bodybuilder and that rear so called step is also impossible for me to even use . Does any one know if they make a telescoping rear step or ladder or a extended rear step anything to make it easier to get back on the ski ?
Best regards

You could make a rope ladder type that hooks on the rear tow hook, then stow it away. I made one for my GTI. 30 mm dia plastic rod with holes drilled at each end, made 3 off them about 350 mm long, then threded rope and knotted to the desired hights and used a carabena to clip to the ski hook. The down side is having to remove before setting off.

Time to work on that joint mobility. J/k, I feel your pain. At 6ft and 245lbs. of mostly muscle (and some padding) I am about in the same boat. I find it helpful to grab the rear seat handle thingy and pull the back of the ski down into the water a bit to get my knee on the ladder. From there it is a Shamu style flop on the back deck and crawl on. I have an older GTX, so the seat handle is closer to the back. If you could get a rope or some type of strap on the back of your seat and grab it, you can probably sink the back the couple of seconds it takes to get your knee or foot on the ladder.

Back