RAVE vavle broken

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

glouis1723

i have a 1997 gtx and the rave valve was shooting oil all over the place so i took it apart and every inch of it was covered in oil so i get down to the last of it and the thing attach to screw or what ever its called was broken of in side the engine. I'm just wondering if this is anything serious? Thanks

umm , thats not good . the oil or black crud all over the valve is normal , its due to running cheap oil , run a high grade oil and it will drasticly reduce this problem . your rave valve should look like this -----}}} if it looks like
------ and the }}}} is broke off in the engine then you need to check for piston damage by looking thru the rave port and turn the motor over any gouges or deep scratches will need to be fixed , you also need to check your compression , if all looks good then you lucked out big time and i would replace both rave valves and rebuild the diaphrams with them . here is a pic of a broken one http://i25.tinypic.com/20hq15z.jpg and here is a good onehttp://www.powersportspartsplus.com/catalog/ccc1_1_59_1_thumb.JPG

Attachments

• PFA8CCA7US0TACACA6VHCCAPQJI5JCAUU49TUCABEKHFJCACJ2ZCBCA94KBB1CANL0RS3CAD7KHWOCAQOCEQ1CAG51S3WCA7.jpg
    PFA8CCA7US0TACACA6VHCCAPQJI5JCAUU49TUCABEKHFJCACJ2ZCBCA94KBB1CANL0RS3CAD7KHWOCAQOCEQ1CAG51S3WCA7.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 43
Usually you see that problem with the early 787 rave valves like the one's that came in the 95 xp limited. I would go with the newer slotted rave valves when you do replace the top end.

Thanks

Thanks for the help i decided to get a whole new engine any tips that i could use to keep this from happening again?

we rebuilt the carbs and i dont know extact if we got the slotted rave vavles sbt has them but it says that there stock rave vavle so are they the new ones?

I'm sure that the rave valves that sbt sent you will be ok. There is a updated version that have slots in them but both will work ok.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back