Rave Valve Leaking

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

97SeadooGSX

One of my rave valves, both just replaced brand new, leaks the premix after running for a short period out of the cap. Is this a sign of something bad to come? Because the ski still runs, great. But I am concerned if i continue to run it like this it will lead to some major problems. What would cause this issue? Any idea on how to fix it? I have all new parts, and nothing looks broken or cracked. Im gonna add in a picture to this post of the issue once I get home and can take one. Thanks for any, and all help! Keep me from disaster!

Mine have been leaking since forever. Makes a bit of a mess but I just drive it. Ive cleaned, inspected, bla bla bla the rave parts, and it will stay good for about 2 hours, then leaking again..

800 SPX

The Picture of the Problem

Thanks for the comment! As long as its not going to cause a problem, like the rave valve breaking off into the cylinder - which I had happen once, from what I dont know, and it caused me to buy a new sleeve, bore it out, new piston and new rings, and of course new rave valve set up - EXPENSIVE. As long as it just leaks and I have to clean it up I guess I wont worry about it. Nothing looks cracked, all is screwed on tight - go figure?!?!?!?!?

Attachments

• RaveValve Problem.jpg
    RaveValve Problem.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 23
if cap was installed correctly, it may not leak....;)

Take it apart, clean it up, and install new gasket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back