Rave valve leak

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brprxt215

96 xp and the raves constantly leak. I’ve replaced the gaskets and orings every year when I clean them. They never stop leaking

96 xp and the raves constantly leak. I’ve replaced the gaskets and orings every year when I clean them. They never stop leaking
Have you replaced the rubber diaphragms inside the RAVE valves and made sure the garter springs are intact and the bellows are firmly attached to the Rave valve posts too, at the small end of the diaphragm

I have not. I just bought the housings, diaphragms and new gasket and o rings. Going to start with everything new except blades because I’m not comfortable shaving them down to match the pistons

what does it do to your xp when they leak?

Can you pull the caps and springs off then run them to see if that's the problem?

I had a similar problem with mine. initially replaced o-rings, then bellows... It ended up being the housing and/or valve shaft was worn resulting in blow-by.

I just replaced everything (housings, valves, gaskets etc...) and problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back