RARE: Sea-Doo Challenger 180 Trim Tabs (OEM replicas)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

crankygypsy

Replicas of the BRP Trim Tabs (P/N 296 00 244 or 29600244) offered as an anti-porpoise modification.
These tabs were released in 2005 to help rectify the boat's tendency to leap out of the water over waves.
From what I could gather, some were installed under warranty and the remaining supply sold out by 2009.
The kit retailed from Bombardier for $475 (and that was 15 years ago!).

I will fabricate a pair of tabs and include instructions for a simple install that most anyone can do.
They are made of 6061 aluminum and stainless steel, plus come with all required mounting hardware.
- you will need your own silicone, blue Loctite, and anti-seize to install the plates.
I have tested them and they do indeed help to keep the boat from leaping out of the water.
They also improve time to plane and the ability for the vessel to stay on plane.
These fit where conventional tabs cannot and still allow for the use of Cobra-style steering fins.
Sturdy, easy manual adjustment, and they do not interfere with forward or reverse propulsion.

$425 for materials and labor with free shipping to 48 states.
Best case scenario, these take at least 5 days to fabricate (I have to drop a portion off for milling) since they are made upon order.
They will be shipped USPS Priority Mail, so come with tracking.

Message me and/or contact me via crankygypsy@yahoo.com for quicker response.

Attachments

• tabs.jpg
    tabs.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 97
  • g6cetqVk.png
    g6cetqVk.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Replicas of the BRP Trim Tabs (P/N 296 00 244 or 29600244) offered as an anti-porpoise modification.
These tabs were released in 2005 to help rectify the boat's tendency to leap out of the water over waves.
From what I could gather, some were installed under warranty and the remaining supply sold out by 2009.
The kit retailed from Bombardier for $475 (and that was 15 years ago!).

I will fabricate a pair of tabs and include instructions for a simple install that most anyone can do.
They are made of 6061 aluminum and stainless steel, plus come with all required mounting hardware.
- you will need your own silicone, blue Loctite, and anti-seize to install the plates.
I have tested them and they do indeed help to keep the boat from leaping out of the water.
They also improve time to plane and the ability for the vessel to stay on plane.
These fit where conventional tabs cannot and still allow for the use of Cobra-style steering fins.
Sturdy, easy manual adjustment, and they do not interfere with forward or reverse propulsion.

$425 for materials and labor with free shipping to 48 states.
Best case scenario, these take at least 5 days to fabricate (I have to drop a portion off for milling) since they are made upon order.
They will be shipped USPS Priority Mail, so come with tracking.

Message me and/or contact me via crankygypsy@yahoo.com for quicker response.
They look great, just seeing this post now. I've seen folks put the tabs right under the jets (the Seadoo manual puts them there for theirs) and I've seen folks put it in between the jets. I think I like where you are putting yours as I can counter for a single person in the boat. Thanks for posting this....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back