Rare glimpse at a 1969 Seadoo

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, good question. You have to find one of those die-hard collectors willing and able to restore it. I sure wouldn't give much for one, as I don't feel any practicality or nostalgia for it, but as my Dad always said, there's an @ss for every seat ;)

Come on. I want a full resto! A 787 in this would be a great motor in a sucky hull. A lot of work for not much fun. But a resto would be killer. Too bad parts are not likely available. I would keep it as stock as possible.

I'd assume it would be easiest to graft a 787 tunnel and pump in there.
Grafting tunnels sounds easy, but is a bear in practice. I agree with soccerdad, there is not much benefit to dropping a 787 in here. It's not like it can ever be more fun than an x4.
I'd take a crack at getting it running the way it is. Maybe it's salvageable. If the crank isn't totally rusted and the pistons not too worn out, it just might run with a bit of improvisation

Nah, sleeper drag ski. Nitrous. Stinger straight out the side no water box. You can make any thing fast in a straight line

The one I bought already has had an engine and pump swap. No idea what it out of though.
It was supposed to be all original!!!
So at this stage I'm not sure if I'll re sell of do a 787 conversion.

Id prob do a 720, its a bit easier, smaller. They are goofy to ride....similar to a sledding saucer, or if you remember F-zero on super nintendo they turn like that. LOL It would be a riot to ride with a 720 and an updated pump.

Nick, I used to love F-zero!! Lol
The only reason I was thinking 787 is because I have an engine/pump/wiring from a 97 gsx I was keeping as a spare for the challenger 1800.

Haha I could see that. Hull designed for 30 HP and u throw 110 at it, lol. Cool but u would probably hate it in 2 minutes lol.

I bet I'd hate it in 2 minutes too. Lol
I'd rather have the original engine, but that's not a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back