Radio install on a 97 Speedster?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

joshburger1187

I want to install a radio on my 97 speedster, does anyone know if I will have any battery problems like not staying charged or anything?

I've seen a lot of people run a dual battery setup. Sometimes one is just in reserve or one is on an isolated circuit just for the radio.

Make sure you are using a deep cycle battery too.

Extra Battery

Your gonna want a second battery just to be safe. If your like me you'll put the stereo, then speakers, then more speakers, then you need an amp, and so on and so forth. I'm sure that the one battery could get you by, but you don't want to be stuck on the lake or in a cove with a dead battery. It's just safer. You should check out the threads in the seadoo boat modify section, there is some good info and quite a few posts on installing stereos.

scrump

So, what do you do? Run the regular battery for both, then switch over to the 2nd only if you kill the first one?

when i bought my boat it had a radio installed that did not work very well (the boat actually came with a new uninstalled head-unit) the previous owner just wired it to the 1 battery and that is the way that i have kept it; it has not given me a problem yet (knock on wood) i just always make sure to turn my Quest switch too off when the boat is on the trailer

2nd Battery

So, what do you do? Run the regular battery for both, then switch over to the 2nd only if you kill the first one?

The second battery is not isolated, they both provide power when starting the engines and running the stereo system. I feel pretty comfortable w/ the set-up considering I've left it on for 2-3 hours and it starts up like a champ everytime. I'm not saying that one battery won't work, I just have a lot of power being used up when my stereo is on (head unit, 6 speakers, 400w amp).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back